It took me $13.21 to fill up big red

I rode my motorcycles into work the entire week. Actually rhode my Busa is once and my 750 in the other days. My 750 is a lot better on gas.

32 mpg city .......36 to 38 highway ! If you don't mind lookin' like a geek
biggrin.gif

Mar._April_2006_007.jpg

The Enki rims and Pirelli P-Zeros help alot . Plan on some Limo Tint in the near future too . Then I'll be Pimpin' !

My toyota tacoma cost close to $40 to fill Up the Busa takes $11.55 Pick-up get 20 mpg, Busa 40 mpg so I've been on the Busa alot lately easy decision
wink.gif

Gee, it sounds like *some people* (I ain't pointin' any fingers) shoulda paid more attention to the EPA MPG figures clearly posted on their cars' price tag at the dealership. You know, 10 MPG didn't sound good back in the late 1990s when gas was in the $1.50 range BECAUSE 10 MPG IS WASTEFUL in anything smaller than a semi-truck or bus.

I have a '96 Honda Accord four-door that STILL gets a consistent 33 MPG, and I do a lot of freeway and surface-street driving. Yeah, it's a manual tranny, and it won't win at the dragstrip (it's not a "slow" car like the average dunderling's SUV), but it does everything I need it to do on a daily basis. It trumps the normal use of an SUV any day.

IMHO, people should only be allowed to own pickups and SUVs if they use it for business, period. If you need to move something once in a while, RENT A TRUCK: $20 at UHaul for a Chevy pickup. As far as SUVs and pickups for 4x4ing, cool, use them AT THE PLAYGROUND, not as a daily driver. It's not about "freedom" or "democracy"; if someone has more money, that means s/he gets to have more votes. What it IS about is affluence and waste.

Your 'Busa (or whatever motorcycle you ride) isn't a waste if you use it as a commuting vehicle or as a track bike, and, really, it's a damn fine fuel efficient vehicle. $10-$12 to fill it up is not wasteful of money or fuel (sh*t, you SHOULD BE getting 35 mpg+). You pickup truck or Chevy Tahoe or Hummer H1,2,3 IS wasteful, and, unless you're moving around the scout troop every-damn-day, you're a BIG part of the problem.

Whew. Had to vent. To summarize, SUV- and truck drivers suck. And they can't see sh*t on the road. And they ought to be confined to minivans. And more people should be out on two wheels. And HAH HAH if you have to pay $50 a fill-up, stupids. Da-yah-um!
jump9.gif

AMEN TO THAT!!!! But what are we gonna do?? Were at the mercy of the big 3 on this one.
The Big 3...
And Bush's Family Oil investments...
And the usual Bush cronies...

David
+ 100

I am glad that someone will admit it.

The whole country is being raped at the pump.

I just saw on the news where the retiring ExxonMobil Ceo received a $398 million for a retirement, + they will pay his country club fees, and he still gets to use the company jet.

Something just ain't right !!

Gee, it sounds like *some people* (I ain't pointin' any fingers) shoulda paid more attention to the EPA MPG figures clearly posted on their cars' price tag at the dealership. You know, 10 MPG didn't sound good back in the late 1990s when gas was in the $1.50 range BECAUSE 10 MPG IS WASTEFUL in anything smaller than a semi-truck or bus.

I have a '96 Honda Accord four-door that STILL gets a consistent 33 MPG, and I do a lot of freeway and surface-street driving. Yeah, it's a manual tranny, and it won't win at the dragstrip (it's not a "slow" car like the average dunderling's SUV), but it does everything I need it to do on a daily basis. It trumps the normal use of an SUV any day.

IMHO, people should only be allowed to own pickups and SUVs if they use it for business, period. If you need to move something once in a while, RENT A TRUCK: $20 at UHaul for a Chevy pickup. As far as SUVs and pickups for 4x4ing, cool, use them AT THE PLAYGROUND, not as a daily driver. It's not about "freedom" or "democracy"; if someone has more money, that means s/he gets to have more votes. What it IS about is affluence and waste.

Your 'Busa (or whatever motorcycle you ride) isn't a waste if you use it as a commuting vehicle or as a track bike, and, really, it's a damn fine fuel efficient vehicle. $10-$12 to fill it up is not wasteful of money or fuel (sh*t, you SHOULD BE getting 35 mpg+). You pickup truck or Chevy Tahoe or Hummer H1,2,3 IS wasteful, and, unless you're moving around the scout troop every-damn-day, you're a BIG part of the problem.

Whew. Had to vent. To summarize, SUV- and truck drivers suck. And they can't see sh*t on the road. And they ought to be confined to minivans. And more people should be out on two wheels. And HAH HAH if you have to pay $50 a fill-up, stupids. Da-yah-um!
jump9.gif
If you can get from my house to work, esspecially in the winter without a 4x4 more power to ya.

$3 this summer?...... Just paid $2.99 gallon tonite
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|carolinadoublej
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144981684 -->

I was gonna fill up on the way to work today it was $2.75. I waited until after work and had to pay $2.79.
mad.gif

jump9.gif
If you buy a truck or SUV that takes $50+ to fill up don't complain...you bought it. Prices suck yes and we're getting raped right now...I've already had to pay $3.00 per for premium. But hey I bought the car so I can only kick myself in the arse. If you're willing to pay for it you have the right to pay for it...this is America Jack! There is such a thing as a guzzler tax by the way.

Thankfully my company pays for my car and gas.
biggrin.gif

All the car gets is $20. That's it. If I fuel up with $20 and the needle is on "empty", the damn thing won't even hit half-tank.

And that's at $2.85 a gallon for 87. Just last night prices went up...$2.97 a gallon.

Damn...I gotta get this bike up an running. Soon.

Back