Really irritated with fuel purchases today

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
It's not even the gas prices, it's the way they're advertised.

When I fill the bike I pay no attention to price, but when I fill our daily drivers (two large diesels holding about 74 gallons) I go a couple extra miles for the extra $.20 off the fuel price.

I can expect the prices to be high, but if I look on the internet and see a price then travel the distance only to find it's a "cash only" price or an extra dime off for a "special" deal they are offering :banghead:

Just advertise the price the way it is, I can expect to absorb the fees if the credit card company charges for a transaction butI left two stations today just because I was so irritated at the way the prices are listed to draw you in, paid the higher amount at another station because the sign was at least not deceiving. Just advertise the accurate price, if I make a deal to get it cheaper then that's great.

$220 to fill the boat and smaller tank truck today, still have to fill the 44 gallon truck for my wife. Now I know which stations NOT to visit~!~

I believe with the higher fuel prices these days, venders are getting a little crooked in how they get people to visit their filling stations...

1306023684425.jpg

1306023699767.jpg

I agree. I learned the whole "pay cash and get the price advertised on the sign" the hard way. Its stupid

In Indiana, they advertise a price and then charge you tax on top of it after you pump the fuel while on the pump there is a sign that states that price includes all taxes.....

Don't even get me started on gas prices... I still have the thought that I should be able to fill up the car for about a twenty spot!

How much gas do use looking for a station to save $.20
Posted via Mobile Device

today I wasted gas...usually I just plan ahead a little and gas buddy or something comparible to stop at the cheaper station on my route, pretty close to where ever I'm heading more or less.

That's why it's irritating to pull into a station to find the pump reads more than the sign out front does...to see after you park and take your cap off, then here comes the fine print

That is pretty messed up. Just sell gas at a price on a sign and leave it at that.
Droid via Tapatalk

Pisses me off too. They started doing this garbage in a neighboring county a few years ago.

i hate prepay!! false advertizing bull!
gas
the price is too high.
the product is crud.
ahhh, i could go on and on.

I get 38 mpg in mixed driving, 44-49 mpg on highway, in my TDI.

It's weird that my motorcycle gets 5-16 mpg less than my 3,300 lbs station wagon.

I used to get close to 50 mpg on my SV650. The things we do for fun.

Around here you have to be careful which octane you use. Each station puts them in different orders. Yesterday I almost fell for putting 93 into my truck cause of the way it was on the pump... 93-89-90... Down the road another pump does it 93-90-89. but they dont label them clearly so your thinking your grabing hte cheapest but end up paying several cents more per gallon which wouldnt be an issue if it doesnt already cost me 100bucks to fill a tank. :banghead:

Around here you have to be careful which octane you use. Each station puts them in different orders. Yesterday I almost fell for putting 93 into my truck cause of the way it was on the pump... 93-89-90... Down the road another pump does it 93-90-89. but they dont label them clearly so your thinking your grabing hte cheapest but end up paying several cents more per gallon which wouldnt be an issue if it doesnt already cost me 100bucks to fill a tank. :banghead:

Wow... I dont even think about it. I usually just grab the left. I will have to start paying attention to see if I have been doing that...

In Indiana, they advertise a price and then charge you tax on top of it after you pump the fuel while on the pump there is a sign that states that price includes all taxes.....

I live in Indiana and none of the places i have got gas from have charged me more then what the pump has stated. Sounds like a shady dealing at that station.

Back