Is it normal for a kickstand to do this?

denon970

Registered
Its a Gen I (99). There's so much play, if it drops any more than an inch while riding, it shuts the bike off. I also noticed the tab that pushes in the sensor is bent. Even all the way up, the sensor is 2/3 out.

There's a problem somewhere, hopefully it's just a bent tab. Anybody else have these issues? Bypassing the switch is not an option. Thanks!!!

Thanks again guys. I guess thats my next project. I should also mention that for about a week straight it gets really hard to put down, and then works easilly for about a month, and the cycle repeats. I have no idea why its so worn...only ride in the rain when I get caught. Maybe the previous owner did some kind of mod to it. I'll probably see if I can find a used bracket in good condition, even if I do have to put another $90 into the bike it's a small price to pay.
:beerchug:

Yeah something to definitely be fixed... i would consider that a priority and not a project... just sayin...

I would hate to see your next thread be about needing a new left fairing cause it gave out on you or caused the bike to fall...

:laugh: What music is that playing in the back ground

Estelle - American Boy (Instrumental)

send me an email and it's yours (denon970@stny.rr.com)

The garage is well insulated and I had all the doors closed so it was like a club in there

Yeah something to definitely be fixed... i would consider that a priority and not a project... just sayin...

I would hate to see your next thread be about needing a new left fairing cause it gave out on you or caused the bike to fall...

that scenario has crossed my mind....

Chris - duct tape would be too hard to get off...what about a bungie?

A Hayabusa parts guy I know about an hour away is checking to see if he has one in good shape, if not, I'll try the WTB section here, or eBay. If I can get one easily, it would be better than trying to mod the one I have.

hey i wouldn't say it's normal but i had the exact same thing happen to mine diff mine is an 06 took awhile to figure out what was going on.the bracket is worn out,just so happened i found one on craigs list complete 15 bucks .

Chris - duct tape would be too hard to get off...what about a bungie?

A Hayabusa parts guy I know about an hour away is checking to see if he has one in good shape, if not, I'll try the WTB section here, or eBay. If I can get one easily, it would be better than trying to mod the one I have.

Hubba Bubba or Bubblicious always worked for me :)

Back