Cutting Off at Speed now FI Light On

Fireman6615

Registered
Rode to the mountains today with no problem. First set of twisties the bike cuts off, I thought I may have bumped the kill switch but it was still on. After a couple of seconds it came back to life so I kept going and it did it again, only this time I looked at the gauges and they were dead, then "Check" was in the panel and the FI light was blinking and she came back to life again. So I stopped, turned it off and gave her a once over. Nothing out of the ordinary. Thought maybe the side stand switch, the tab that pushes against the sensor seemed a little bent so I straightened so it would push the sensor rod a little better. Fired her up, no FI light and all seemed well Rode on and went through the twisties at varying RPM for about 20 minutes and all seemed well. Then it did it again. Came home and I thought about the side stand switch more, so as I was riding I eased it down and duplicated the same problem. Engine dies, Check flashes, FI light blinks. Once I got home I put it in dealer mode and checked for codes, nothing there other that the throttle position sensor is at the bottom, I'll fix that too. So does this sound like a failing side stand switch? Does the Tip Over sensor and the Clutch switch duplicate these same problems? Thought it may be one of the sensors, any ideas would be great. Thanks as always.

Any of the interlocks would give you the same symptom. Bypass one at a time until the problem goes away. I think there's a relay involved in the sidestand switch circuit as well. Just jumper each switch out until you find it.

Have you checked the spring tension on the kickstand. Saw where someone found a lazy spring :dunno:

You need to check the codes they next time it does that. You can do it with a paper clip on the side of the road

Thanks so far guys. I've been doing some more reading here and some reference the tip over sensor causing some problems so I need to check it too to make sures its not broke or vibrated loose. I made the mistake of turning the bike off before I tried to pull the code, so now I gotta ride it some more to see if I can dupliate the error again. I did the jumper after I got back with the bike turned off. I did get the throttle position sensor set back where it should be, that thing is delicate to adjust.

Back