Should the Busa lean this far on the kickstand?

AJAY

Registered
Before I do the kickstand mod to make it more "fold resistant," I'm curious if the bike should lean this far over in the first place. The pic below shows the bike on her kickstand. Bike is stock and no mods have been done. There does seem to be some play in the kickstand hinge, but nothing looks bent or otherwise wrong.

Does this look like it's leaning a lot further than your Busa?

- Thanks, AJ

P1010600 [640x480]2.jpg

Is the bolt that holds the kickstand tight? That looks like it is leaned over a little too much.???

It looks a little more than mine.
There shouldn't be much play in the hinge, how much is there?
What size tires do you have?

It doesn't look good. I'd put a short section of 2"x4" wood under the kickstand to raise it some, but not enough to be risky. So is the kickstand bent?

That is exactly how far Lamb's leans over. +1 link and the kickstand mod.

As far as it's leaned over now, don't think you need any sort of "kickstand mod".

Normal lean angle on kickstand..
NewBlueToy9-04-07003Large.jpg

The Gen2 leans that far, but the Gen1 won't lean like that unless modded in some way.

If its stock tires and stock links then the mod has already been done if everything is right in tight in there. hell My bikes dropped 2" and leans close to that much. I can park my bike on the biggest dam hill around and forgetr to put it in gear and be safe from it rolling away much less falling over on the right side!

My tires are stock and so are the suspension settings. The play on the lever is small and nothing looks bent.

I rotated Hillbilly Tom's pic so the ground is now level (depending on your BAC level!!!). Posting a pic of my bike, too, for comparison. Mine does look like it's leaning a little further than Tom's. Oh well.....

hillbillytoms bike2.jpg

P1010600 [640x480]2.jpg

Last edited:
Somethings up there, Thats too far.

Check out the stand and are you sure its stock.

Either someone put a shorter kickstand on yours, or it's bent. For what I can see of yours the kickstand looks to be at a different angle than Tom's bike's.

Back