weird kickstand problem??

KhandyRhedBhusa

Registered
WOW lets see I have 3 annoying things going on with the bike lol

3. i have had a small oil leak for a long time. time to fix, what side is the
crush washer for the drain plug? and can i find this at autoparts store?

2. I have a leak at the slave cyclinder because of the crush washers needs
replaceing since i broke there seal. what size and can i find this at
auto parts store?

1. finally the most annoying, How can I BYPASS the kickstand switch?
The bike can not idle on the kickstand for very long. but when i pull the kick-
stand up, i can get it started and it nevers turns off. either immediately pushing
the kickstand down, or maybe even after down like 10 secs, it shuts off.

Thanks guys for any input, i always get help here at this board, best place for advice.

picsay-IMAG0958.jpg

Last edited:
Dont know, Dont know (sorry)

Adjust your fast idle cable or turn the bars to the right while its warming up, since you lowered it the cable is tight.

I found crush washers that work at Autozone.

Don't know bout the rest?

Good luck.

+1 ON ADJUST THE IDLE
usually you can put a bit more torque on a crush washer and re-use..but exercise extreme caution as you could break the banjo bolt, or worse strip the threads in the slave cylinder

alot of shops will give you a new crush washer for the oil plug when u buy a new filter, ask them next time you make a purchase

+1 on idle adjustment. and definitely check that the fast idle cable is not being pulled to tight due to bike being dropped.

Call a Suzuki dealer for the crush washers, you'd be surprised how cheap parts like that are. They'll likely have to order them but a few days wait is well worth the correct part to fix it.

Becareful interchanging copper and aluminum crushes. Big diff on the amount of torque to crush/seal a washer.

The crush washer for the oil pan is like $.50 at the dealer. I'm not sure about the ones for the slave cylinder but they can't be much. As for the kickstand problem, if you want to bypass the switch, all you have to do is connect the 2 wires. Cut them before the switch and connect them with a heat shrink but connector and it'll bypass it. But if you do that, and you happen to forget and leave it in gear and you put the stand down, you'll wind up being really angry.

You said it shuts off as soon as you put the stand down. . . This may sound like a stupid question, but is it in gear when this happens? I doubt you have an idle speed problem if the only time it happens is when the stand is down, but just so we know, what's your idle speed set at right now? If it's below 1200 it's too low.

Back