Is it just me, or do you feel like you can move cars?

gunmetalbusa

Registered
Sometimes when I'm riding behind cars going under the speed limit in town, I get the sensation that I can push them up to speed with the busa, or just knock them out of the way. I not recommending this obviously, but does anyone else feel that kind of command of the road on their busa?

Um...no. I feel like everyone is trying to kill me and I and moving out from behind or beside or stay way back from cars. I dont like to get close at all.

maybe potato farmers are easy to move?

BTW... what gives, every time I am in Boise, I gotta REQUEST extra potatoes in order to get any at all... you would think they would be generous with the things... order home fries, you get half a tater... what gives?

I do notice more people get out of my way vs when I am in my car or truck. I think it is because people "Notice" the striking look of the 'Busa and become aware of their slow a$$ being in the fast lane. Then move over.

That or it is because most fear the "scary biker people" :laugh:

Anyone that doesn't move I just go around in a heartbeat and leave them in the dust.

Last edited:
Um...no. I feel like everyone is trying to kill me and I and moving out from behind or beside or stay way back from cars. I dont like to get close at all.

+1 I ride to stay as far away from others as I can as well. Sometimes you have to speed up, sometimes you have to slow down. Either way just keep them away from me.

what he said.

your idea sounds like the polar opposite of defensive driving.

I'm basically hate cars around town and avoid them at every opportunity, I've ridden other bikes in comparison, nothing makes me feel like I might have more power than some of the cars like riding the hayabusa. Reality is, you could go down with the slighted nudge from a cager. Avoid them, be a ghost.....

The joys of being in Vermont.

No line laws, pass anywhere, anytime. :thumbsup:

I treat cars more like slalom poles on a ski race course, except I always stay on the left side.

Riding in traffic is like going into battle. If you use your head you might survive, and one stupid move could kill you. I'm glad I'm on a powerful bike, not one of these scooters running around everywhere. Talk about taking a fork to a knife fight.... :poke:

I did have a little geek on a scooter blow me away at a light this summer, little things are quick for the first 15 feet!:thumbsup:

That attitude will get you killed real quick in Miami Fl. Cagers here like to slam the brakes on you when u tailgate, not only do they get to trash u but sue u as well.

Definitely get that feeling :banghead: then there's days when I forget my meds :whistle:

I do everything possible to get away from cagers.... however, when I hit the mountain twisties I find that most of them will go the extra mile to move over and let me pass them :thumbsup:

I think they just want to gander at my tail :laugh: :cheerleader:

i stay away from cagers but i love the way that the HID's in their rear view mirror tend to make them squint and get out of my way :thumbsup:

i stay away from cagers but i love the way that the HID's in their rear view mirror tend to make them squint and get out of my way :thumbsup:

Works real good too if you put the HID in the driver side mirror! :laugh:

Uhhhhhhhhhh :coffee: , Naaaaaaaa, I :angel: don't have that problem with either car I meet around here :blonde:

I have never had that sensation, my problem or dementia seems to be the cars "STOPPING" behind me when I "AM Stopped" at red lights...*&%$ cell phones...bad mojo for the Busa A$$ end, mine too...:poke:

Who rides BEHIND cars?? :whistle:

Actually, one I engage the flux capacitor...:laugh:

Back