It just feels normal

AJAY

Registered
I've had my Busa for 10 months now. When I first got her I was just completely blown away by the power compared to anything I had ever ridden. I had to be extra careful in the twisties or I'd be entering the next turn wayyy too fast without even downshifting. Passing cars on the freeway encouraged more speed than is prudent with barely a twist on the throttle.

Performance mods? Cams? Pipes? Compression? Stroking? TURBOS?!!!! You gotta be crazy. This bike has more power than I could ever use.

Except now my basically stock bike feels completely "normal." Yeah, I respect the power, but I don't really think about it very much.

I'm guessing this is one of the big reasons so many of you folks hotrod these motors, to feel that "rush" again in the way when you first got on your Busa.

But after you do it, does it just start to feel "normal" again? :rofl:

To regain that rush, I just use the other 3/4 of throttle that I hardly ever touch.:thumbsup:
Bubba

Get a moped or small cc dual sport. After a few days of riding those you will feel the initial Busa rush again. :laugh:

If you ever take a 600 out for a ride, you will be sadly disappointed. It's like going from a corvette to a chevette. :laugh:

Get a moped or small cc dual sport. After a few days of riding those you will feel the initial Busa rush again. :laugh:
Actually, I bought my daughter a 50cc Tomos moped to get to school on. The lack of power is truly astounding. If you want to take off fast, you literally kick with your feet off the ground!
If you ever take a 600 out for a ride, you will be sadly disappointed. It's like going from a corvette to a chevette. :laugh:
:banghead: I hate riding my buddies smaller bikes.
Yeah, I was thinking that. If the Busa feels so "normal", practically anything else will probably feel dead!

Am sure after some mods a busa will feel normal, but if you build it to 240+ rwhp you'll have that same feeling when you first rode it, if you build it 300+ rwhp your'll have it for alot longer than 240+ rwhp, if you go big turbo and build the engine and keep that boost just right at 350+ rwhp your'll probly never get use to it ever

Tomorrow I do just that!

I am having service and a new back tire put on and will have to ride the wife's 600 Bandit. It is not just the power but the whole bike is just not as well built as the new sport bikes and gives me a new found respect for my Busa every time I have to do this.

Gotta love the Mighty Hayabusa.:bowdown:
Bubba

When I was commuting last year I rode my DR650 to work. I only rode the Busa on the weekends. It made me respect the Busa so much more than I previously had. It was a real eye opener. I almost looped the Busa one day doing launch practice. The Busa doesn't need 3/4 throttle to get a good launch like the 650 thumper did.

I was actually just thinking that a couple weeks ago. It was about 100 degrees here and I was on the highway doing about 60 going home from work. In six gear of course and I went to merge over so I could catch my exit. I gave it some gas and I remember thinking "it feels a little week today".

Well today was the first morning it was in the 50's in probably 6 months and the bike felt peppy again. :thumbsup: Of course I wasn't expecting the extra power so the back end got a little squirrely on me when I took my right hand turn after the off ramp of the highway. Probably was actually a combination of a cooler tire and a little extra power due to the colder air. Either way I have my respect back for the Busa. :laugh:

More power? Ripley has plenty of power for me. But there is this thing called the mod bug. And once he bites you....there is no returning.

My credit card often calls me a masochist :laugh:

mine tried to pick up the front tire at less than half throttle turning left onto the street the other day. gave me a little pucker back.

Just let her sit for a week or two, then go for a nice long ride and be amazed all over again. I don't like short rides or commuting, so I only get the Busa out a few times a month. It never gets old that way.

Took a buddies ZX-6 out for a ride...he told be to hold on when the power band kicks in around 8K RPM....

:laugh:

The busa pulls harder all the way up through than his ninja did at peak hp.

You just need a reality check once in a while.

Back