Just me ?

kennym4

Registered
Have you ever gone out for a ride, and EVERYTHING just feels off ? Or go out, and it feels like you can do no wrong ?

In 3 days I went out twice on the same road. I know it pretty good. It's a back road I've been down about 10 times in the past month. Up & back it's about 125 miles round trip from my house. Some nice turns, and some nice straights, hardly ever any traffic. Friday we went for a ride, and I felt like I was riding better than ever. I had so much fun we went again on Sunday, and I don't know what happened, everything just felt awkward, and off. I've had it hit me sometimes so bad I turned around, and came home.

Just wanting to know if I'm the only one that this happens to ?

Last edited:
Yup, same here. After work rides are the worst for me. Tired I guess, and just feel like I'm weebling around like I should be on a Ninja 500. And once I feel off, it pretty much stays off for the whole ride, no thinking it back. Try again tomorrow.
Then some days, I swear I can feel every grain in the pavement through the front tire at 80 mph.
Riding a motorcycle is such a mental thing, "good" and "bad" days going to happen.

Yup, same here. After work rides are the worst for me. Tired I guess, and just feel like I'm weebling around like I should be on a Ninja 500. And once I feel off, it pretty much stays off for the whole ride, no thinking it back. Try again tomorrow.
Then some days, I swear I can feel every grain in the pavement through the front tire at 80 mph.
Riding a motorcycle is such a mental thing, "good" and "bad" days going to happen.

For me after work rides were ALWAYS the best, 12-14 hrs a days, NAP and repeat. It was my release before come home to the now ex-wife.

But on joy ride days.. I will make it to the first stop light and turn around if I feel "off". No questions asked, play XBOX the rest of the day.

It's funny someone posted this.. its exactly how I felt yesterday. We didn't even make it out of the garage. But on Sunday we ran 2up around the city for about 85miles couldn't of gone better.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Heah. I was talking about that a while back with some friends. Can't put a finger on it, just feel off and clumbsy. Then the next day everything feels natural and effortless.

Everybody has off days. I know I do. When I go out to practice wheelies I have days where the wheelies are flawless and the very next day I'm sloppy as hell. Human nature or maybe just me? :dunno:

Yep, I get like that too. It's best to realise/admit it and dial it down a notch. I'd say it has a lot to do with tiredness/alertness.

I find the best way to go for a ride is to start off slow and smooth, then it all just falls together during the ride. You'll feel like a MotoGP GOD by the end of the ride .:laugh:

Last edited:
I ran six good sessions at the track Sunday and it felt great, the last session my head was not in the game, I got in two laps and got off the track, I was done for the day.

Its not just riding it goes for all other things we do, you get your days. We all get it !
You see it with the race guys, some w/ends they've got it happ'n and the next they haven't.
I guess the more talented they are the less bad w/ends they have, for the likes of Mr. Rossi who rarely has a bad w/end. But for the rest of us mere mortals well ....

It's you instinct tells you the future - listen to it.

I occaisonally ride to work - just to be on the bike, and to get the aggressiveness out of the system - have a couple of nice turns, and a few straights to open her up. One day, as I left, shortly thereafter I got a feeling that something was completely wrong - like something bad was about to happen. I was contemplating on going back home, but I still needed to get to work, so I decided to proceed.

However, I restrained myself from my usual stints, took it down a few notches and had 100% of my attention on the road. Got to work OK. On the way back, the feeling was still there. So, again, restrained myself from doing anything silly - just to get home safely.

Luckily, nothing happened, but I am sure if I didn't listen, I would've crashed and/or would've gotten a fat ticket. After I got home, the bad feeling was gone. Go figure.

No, let me re-phrase it. No point of figuring it out. The key is to listen.

I think over the years, that feeling saved me a number of times.

It's you instinct tells you the future - listen to it.

I occaisonally ride to work - just to be on the bike, and to get the aggressiveness out of the system - have a couple of nice turns, and a few straights to open her up. One day, as I left, shortly thereafter I got a feeling that something was completely wrong - like something bad was about to happen. I was contemplating on going back home, but I still needed to get to work, so I decided to proceed.

However, I restrained myself from my usual stints, took it down a few notches and had 100% of my attention on the road. Got to work OK. On the way back, the feeling was still there. So, again, restrained myself from doing anything silly - just to get home safely.

Luckily, nothing happened, but I am sure if I didn't listen, I would've crashed and/or would've gotten a fat ticket. After I got home, the bad feeling was gone. Go figure.

No, let me re-phrase it. No point of figuring it out. The key is to listen.

I think over the years, that feeling saved me a number of times.

+1 You are not alone, sometimes there is just too much going through your mind..work, personal issues whatever but it distracts you and that is when bad things can happen. I have on occassion just turned around and headed home.

Most men do not realize that we have a certain time of the month or week that our bodies are not attuned to our minds. Those are the times that I do not ride when cars can pick me off.

same here and it get's frustrating sometimes. the cure all is to slam a redbull! :laugh:

I'm with ya too. A few weeks back I was on a ride with waynevich from the org. Came to a stop sign, rolled forward about to go and would have had plenty of time for both of us to pull out before an oncoming car.. But I sat and waited. About 6-8 solid seconds go by and we pull out. About 3/4 mile up road is a small hill. We get close and a car is speeding over the hill in the wrong lane in order to pass someone. Needless to say, if I hadn't listened to that little voice saying "just wait" I would have been hit head on both of us going 65mph.. Would have been no time and no where to go - it was a blind hill. Always be cautious if something just isn't right..
Posted via Mobile Device

Back