Bike/car confidence numbing your

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone else suffer a desensitization via bike or car driving abilities? Even though I am always aware of others tolerances when they ride with me and do what I call "Toning it down to normaler levels for the passenger sake", I've been told 3 times this summer that I am scaring my passengers - once on the bike, twice in my car. Taking a square right turn at the posted 35 mph is truly a lot of fun in a car built to take it... but apparently not for passengers. I always considered myself a considerate driver, but lately it seems my toned down driving is STILL over the top for some. This happens EASILY on a busa where sub 100 speeds can start to feel slow... you get desinsitized to it. Now it's happening in my car too. Just wondered if others suffer from this. Know what I'm sayin?

I always drive the speed limit in my car, but taking turns AT SPEED is too tempting with great tires and a matching, tight suspension. ZOOM ZOOM = FUN FUN

I know what you mean--my wife refuses to ride with me. She says I'm too crazy! Is it possilbe? If I was so crazy, wouldn't I have some tickets? Nothing! Totally clean license. Oh well, I like riding alone!!!

Oh yes , Guilty here too .......love my Pirelli P-Zero Nero's on the cage ! Make the corners almost as fun as on the Busa !
biggrin.gif

If you are refering to taking a 90 degree turn at 35 MPH in your car I don't care what stabilization you have I probably would not be comfortable with your driving either, especially if I did not know it was coming........not trying to a smart a$$ here......just my .02
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

well since I now drive a Saturn Ion I think it's safe to say I'm driving it normal and I don't carry passengers on the Bike.

I have found lately that i've been driving slower in my car/van than i do on my bike... exact opposite for me i guess. I've gotten pulled over twice in my mini van in the last 3 years, got a warning once and a ticket the other... never even been stopped on the bike... ( knock on wood )
wow.gif

Ehh, it's like anything else, you get use to it.
I had a few cars throughout the years that I would run street and strip. Driving around, you would swear that they had slowed down. The time slip at the track would prove otherwise.
I've been watching a 65" TV for 4 years now. It doesn't seem big anymore.
As great of a bike as the Busa is; it's just more of the same.

I've never been told to SLOW it down from a passenger
rock.gif
. Maybe it's because I never have a passenger on any of my Bikes
laugh.gif
. Now, from a LEO, well yes
down.gif

My wife thinks I drive my lawn tractor too fast! She hates riding in my Car, refuses to saddle up the Busa and usually prefers to drive when we are in her Expedition. Gives me time to Doze off!

I think it's a ZEN w/ road thing. You get the feel and know what you can get away with. I don't do anything "crazy" in a car cuz I get tickets, and I do warn passengers to hang on, but them not having the experience of G forces around a corner, their mind says "CAR GOING TO FLIP! DEATH EMMINENT!" but you or I know it can handle TWICE that easily and don't think a thing of it. In car or on bike. I only want riders/passengers to have a good time with me - not be scared of my driving. Only my closest friends KNOW my respect for traction and the vehicles abilities to trust my actions. And that goes both ways - I know and trust them too. I guess I would scare myself if I was riding with me but didn't know who I was. hahahaha that made sense to me

I'll second that... i hate riding in the car with my wife driving... she is the lead foot... always at least 10 over posted...
wow.gif

Back