Hands go numb?

Throttlemister cured the problem for me, especially on the interstate. Gives your hands a break.
beerchug.gif

You (could) actually have CTS, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and to find out, have a nerve conduction test on both wrists. I found out the hard way, while on tour three states away. Had the surgery done on each hand and have never been happier. No more tingling, numbness or weakness.

My hands use to go numb too. It is from too much weight on your hands. I learned to support my weight with my abdomin, legs and back. I also try to hold my wrists more in a straight line than let then angle down, I found that is when my hands went numb. keep your hand and wrist straight and it will help. I actually reach further forward on the grips to force my wrists straight. I have had back pain since I was 21 and in a car wreck. My spine curves the wrong way too ( don't know medical term). I actually feel better when I ride at least once a week than when I don't.. I guess it is theropy for me
smile.gif
. A heck of a lot of the guys that ride here have back problems. Don't give up. Get another Busa and figure out what works best for you.

Make sure you have your front brake & clutch lever angled down so your hands rest in a more natural position when using them.

On all my bikes I have always done the same, sit in your normal riding position then adjust your levers at an angle that suits your riding style. I tend to situp more so I angled my levers down on the Katana and wing. Then get some olympia gel gloves and pro gel grips. When riding keep your elbows down and tucked in and try your best not to use your arms for support. I was raised on dirtbikes and the elbows up doesn't work on the ol katana...

(Wag @ Jun. 19 2007,23:47) +1 on keeping your weight off your hands. Gotta use those stomach muscles to support your weight.

Better riding habit anyway. If you keep your arms and hands relaxed, it's a helluva lot easier to keep your riding smooth and controlled AND easier to react to emergency situations.

--Wag--
+ 100%
wink.gif

I lay across the tank, but most guys are too tall to do that I think...love the girly bike boys...love it!
laugh.gif

I did 800 km today on the Busa, and while riding I thought of this thread. I could feel the tingle and sore wrists/hands, then remembered what has been said here.

Good job guys.
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

I seriously think I need some adj rearsets, but wow are they pricey. Are they really worth it? My legs were killing me at the end of the day.

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Back