Is it just me, or do you feel like you can move cars?

I think your riding has a hint of "body language" to it....non verbal communication or subliminal messaging. Weaving immensly moves people off your tail, I think the expect you to fall over & they really don't want to run over the wreck. You close rapidly on the next prey .. er. uh ...catch up quickly to traffic & the message is that that you are on the move & they tend to pick up the pace or slide over. Big trucks around here are required to go real slow down hills, stop to ensure brakes work etc, they give me allot of breaks to gt around (goto or ride the berm) & I owe them. Do NOT TAILGATE. :thumbsup:

I seldom ride in town other than small backwoods burgs, passing through. Out on the roads, I treat cars for what they are, large chunks of metal piloted by creatures who are brain dead. Watch them closely for erratic actions while close to them, and pass them ASAP.
I have to admit, it is fun to overtake flatland tourists in the twisties at 40-50 mph over their speed. Gets their attention and ,makes them easier to pass on the next straight.:laugh:

I've noticed the faster you come up, the more quickly people get out of the way on average. Probably for the same reason standing up or weaving gets people to stop tailgaiting (so does a handful of pennies:whistle:)... it just freaks people out. I'm ok with freaking people out if it gets me noticed and keeps me safer and away from them.

I pretty much ride like there is one person in traffic who is attempting to assasinate me and I have no idea who it is. If I can ride politely and still be safe I prefer it. If I have to be an a-hole to accomplish it, then so be it!

I do feel a since of in chargeness (is that a word:laugh:) when I'm on my BUSA but that thought is quickly subsided when I realize, "Hey stupid your only on 2 wheels.":bump: Then reality sets in and I slack off.

Once you don't respect it it want respect you.:beerchug: Drive safe.

Back