Iowa, IL, WI, MI, IN, OH

KC GUYS: (GSXcite, Smokin Busa, etc.)

Anyone riding in Bikers for Babies this Sunday (18th)?

I just signed up...was just wonderin' if anyone else is ridin'...we could meet up somewhere.

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126615959 -->

Omslaw, Dad (Hal) always rides it, I was going to try to make it down but its not going to happen this year. Look him up.

Hal,  I've asked some other riders from work if they wanna go.  One has a Busa...the others ride Ninjas  ( I guess they can tag along...if they can keep up!  
tounge.gif
)
I'm sure the guys have no problem with riders on other makes of bikes. The main thing we would stress however, is we want a safe ride for everyone. Although I can't say we always ride at or under the speed limit, a large group of sport bikes will draw attention. Last ride we had a couple of guys get speeding tickets that will cost some big money to fix. One of our friends has already had to sell his bike to take care of his, and we are going to miss him on this trip alot. It would really be a downer if someone crashed and was injured or killed. Your friends will be able to keep up and they will have alot of fun. After the ride your friends will probably want a busa of there own. We cannot be responsible for that! LOL I might even have the wife ride with us on her Honda Rebel. NAAAAA!

KC GUYS:  (GSXcite, Smokin Busa, etc.)

I just signed up...was just wonderin' if anyone else is ridin'...we could meet up somewhere.
Yes I will be going to bikers for babies. Would be glad to meet up with you and ride to the speedway together. I have not had the opportunity to regester yet so will prob. do it at the track. I have a friend that rides a Hogley Ferguson that will probably ride in with us. Give me a call and we can make the plans. Hal 816-516-4607 cell no.

ok if were planning on oct 2nd then I'll make sure my bike is ready by then.

KC GUYS: (GSXcite, Smokin Busa, etc.)

Yes I will be going to bikers for babies. Would be glad to meet up with you and ride to the speedway together. I have not had the opportunity to regester yet so will prob. do it at the track. I have a friend that rides a Hogley Ferguson that will probably ride in with us. Give me a call and we can make the plans. Hal 816-516-4607 cell no.
Hal,

I'll be ridin' up to the track with my neighbor...he, too, has a Hardley Ableson. I'll check with him to see if we're headin' directly to the track or not...we may stop @ IHOP on Shawnee Mission Pkwy. That may be a good place to meet-up...

There's still 2 pre-registrations left...

Tonight (14 Sept) @ The Other Place (80th & Metcalf) 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday (17 Sept) @ Worth HD (N.O. Tfkwy) 10:00am - 2:00pm

One of these may be better than waiting in the lines @ the track...

I'll let ya know when I find out about Sunday morning...

--Omar

Hal, I've asked some other riders from work if they wanna go. One has a Busa...the others ride Ninjas ( I guess they can tag along...if they can keep up!
tounge.gif
)
I'm sure the guys have no problem with riders on other makes of bikes. The main thing we would stress however, is we want a safe ride for everyone. Although I can't say we always ride at or under the speed limit, a large group of sport bikes will draw attention. Last ride we had a couple of guys get speeding tickets that will cost some big money to fix. One of our friends has already had to sell his bike to take care of his, and we are going to miss him on this trip alot. It would really be a downer if someone crashed and was injured or killed. Your friends will be able to keep up and they will have alot of fun. After the ride your friends will probably want a busa of there own. We cannot be responsible for that! LOL I might even have the wife ride with us on her Honda Rebel. NAAAAA!
Abso-freakin-lutely! ALL about safety. We might joke about keeping up, but Busa or not, we ALL KNOW there will be someone faster out there and our ride is NOT the place to find out who it is. Everyone is different. Let the faster riders go up front, average in the middle, less experience at the end. That is for SAFETY. Don't want someone feeling like they have to out ride their own personal experience and wind up in 2-5 body bags because of PERCEIVED peer pressure. It's just not like that. Everyone is welcome, check egos back on your own turf, just have fun and enjoy the rare collection of motorcycle company. There's police in my neck of the woods too. Just so you know.

We'll also cover basic group riding tactics and all the hand and leg signals before we start.

I can't stress the safety factors enough. I'm sure we've all ridden with groups of strangers that, although maybe very capable [how would we know?], do some very stupid things, mostly for posing purposes, that could be dangerous to themsleves or those nearby - or even a less experienced rider that reacts unpredicatably. Everybody's cool, no one here is trying to prove anything. Just good, safe, and on occasion potentially fast and/or extreme FUN if that's your level.

If you think you are a Bad*** or have esteem problems and have to prove something, probably shouldn't come on this ride. It's just not like that.

Guys, if I am incorrect in this thinking please correct me now, but that is how I see it. Maybe I'm being too black and white? All our rides have been great thus far. Excellent riders, excellent attitudes, excellent times.

We meeting at Hooters or Struthers or where? And what time do kickstands go up and the parade begin? 10:30am like usual?

Hal,  I've asked some other riders from work if they wanna go.  One has a Busa...the others ride Ninjas  ( I guess they can tag along...if they can keep up!  
tounge.gif
)
I'm sure the guys have no problem with riders on other makes of bikes. The main thing we would stress however, is we want a safe ride for everyone. Although I can't say we always ride at or under the speed limit, a large group of sport bikes will draw attention. Last ride we had a couple of guys get speeding tickets that will cost some big money to fix. One of our friends has already had to sell his bike to take care of his, and we are going to miss him on this trip alot. It would really be a downer if someone crashed and was injured or killed. Your friends will be able to keep up and they will have alot of fun. After the ride your friends will probably want a busa of there own. We cannot be responsible for that! LOL  I might even have the wife ride with us on her Honda Rebel. NAAAAA!
Abso-freakin-lutely!  ALL about safety.  We might joke about keeping up, but Busa or not, we ALL KNOW there will be someone faster out there and our ride is NOT the place to find out who it is.  Everyone is different.  Let the faster riders go up front, average in the middle, less experience at the end.  That is for SAFETY.    Don't want someone feeling like they have to out ride their own personal experience and wind up in 2-5 body bags because of PERCEIVED peer pressure.  It's just not like that.  Everyone is welcome, check egos back on your own turf, just have fun and enjoy the rare collection of motorcycle company.  There's police in my neck of the woods too.  Just so you know.

We'll also cover basic group riding tactics and all the hand and leg signals before we start.

I can't stress the safety factors enough.  I'm sure we've all ridden with groups of strangers that, although maybe very capable [how would we know?], do some very stupid things, mostly for posing purposes, that could be dangerous to themsleves or those nearby - or even a less experienced rider that reacts unpredicatably.  Everybody's cool, no one here is trying to prove anything.  Just good, safe, and on occasion potentially fast and/or extreme FUN if that's your level.

If you think you are a Bad*** or have esteem problems and have to prove something, probably shouldn't come on this ride.  It's just not like that.  

Guys, if I am incorrect in this thinking please correct me now, but that is how I see it.  Maybe I'm being too black and white?  All our rides have been great thus far.  Excellent riders, excellent attitudes, excellent times.

We meeting at Hooters or Struthers or where?  And what time do kickstands go up and the parade begin?  10:30am like usual?
Well said greg, thank you. I think 10:30 AM is realistic. That would require the guys leaving from the various meeting points at a little before 8:00 AM. Why don't you make the call on the meeting location since it's your turf. So to recap the ride is Sunday Oct. 2 nd., meeting time in Des moines 10:30 AM . GREG (WWJD) will let us know the meeting location. I will coordinate the meeting of the Mo. Ks. guys , GSXTacy the eastern Iowa and Ill. riders, and we need one of you Omaha area guys to step up and make the arrangments up there.I'm ready how bout you?

I'm ready!

(now, I hope I can make my tires last for the ride!
blush.gif
)

I've got a couple bites on the being for sale so, if I can possibly make it, it will have to be a last minute thing.

sounds good bill.... I think you and chris should exchange #'s so incase you can make it at the last min that you and him can hook up on your way over. I don't htink anyone from here can make it but I"ll make some calls.

sounds good bill.... I think you and chris should exchange #'s so incase you can make it at the last min that you and him can hook up on your way over.  I don't htink anyone from here can make it but I"ll make some calls.
Ive had that # since the 1st ride.......unless its changed! Let me know Bill. Mine is still the same.

I am hoping that my shoulder gets better by the weekend? If I think I can handle the ride I'll register on Sat and get ahold of one of you guys, so that we can meet up.

I've got your number Chris, yours too Travis. Mine is still the same.

I am hoping that my shoulder gets better by the weekend? If I think I can handle the ride I'll register on Sat and get ahold of one of you guys, so that we can meet up.
My number is listed earlier. Just give me a call and we will meet up. What did you do to your shoulder? The wife hasn't been beating on you has she?

I'll give you a shout. The wife hasn't beaten me lately. I had a previous injury on my shoulder and have a nerve that is pinched or something now? Not sure if it is from the old injury or what? Went to the chiropractor and am hoping that this will take care of it?

Regardless we will get together sometime.
biggrin.gif

greg see if eric (the turbo from DM) wants to attend. He is in your area.

KC - B4B update:

GSXcite, Smokin Busa:

My neighbor and I will be meeting up @ the IHOP on Shawnee Mission Parkway around 7:30am. You are certainly welcome to join us out there. After grabbing a bite to eat, we'll top-off the tank and head to the Track.

--Omar

Back