New owner from MI

MIzook0205

Registered
Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been riding dirtbikes since I was about 5 years old. Started out on a little Yami pw50. Grew into a CT70 and then moved on to a YZ250 as I got older. Got my endorsement when I turned 16 and bought an old Honda CB900C to learn the rules of the road. Sold the Honda and bought a 93' GSXR1100. Ended up modifying that bike more than riding it lol. Got married and had my daughter when I was 23 so I sold the GSXR and bought a clean Yamaha banshee, Yamaha YZ450F, and Yamaha TTR50E. (we like Yamaha for our off road toys if you can tell). The wife and kids learned to ride on the offroad toys and dad still got to be on two wheels. Now on to the Suzuki...

Last winter here in MI I was on the hunt for another street bike. I have always wanted a Hayabusa since the introduction in 1999 because of how sleek the bike looked and how it looked fast just sitting still. Most of the bikes I checked out in my area were way overpriced, heavily modified, or beyond abused. I shopped for months before finding a bike on cycle trader down south in SC. I talked to the guy online and by phone for weeks and basically bought my 2001 Hayabusa sight unseen. I used a shipping company and title/payment transfer service and it couldn't have went smoother. The bike had 8600 miles on it and seemed pretty stock so I pulled the trigger for $5K. Put over 1000 miles on it this past season and can't wait till the weather breaks so I can get back on the road. If anyone on here is from MI/OH lets get a group ride together sometime. Cheers. :super:

-Mike

IMG_1155.jpg

20210816_202219.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

Hello everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been riding dirtbikes since I was about 5 years old. Started out on a little Yami pw50. Grew into a CT70 and then moved on to a YZ250 as I got older. Got my endorsement when I turned 16 and bought an old Honda CB900C to learn the rules of the road. Sold the Honda and bought a 93' GSXR1100. Ended up modifying that bike more than riding it lol. Got married and had my daughter when I was 23 so I sold the GSXR and bought a clean Yamaha banshee, Yamaha YZ450F, and Yamaha TTR50E. (we like Yamaha for our off road toys if you can tell). The wife and kids learned to ride on the offroad toys and dad still got to be on two wheels. Now on to the Suzuki...

Last winter here in MI I was on the hunt for another street bike. I have always wanted a Hayabusa since the introduction in 1999 because of how sleek the bike looked and how it looked fast just sitting still. Most of the bikes I checked out in my area were way overpriced, heavily modified, or beyond abused. I shopped for months before finding a bike on cycle trader down south in SC. I talked to the guy online and by phone for weeks and basically bought my 2001 Hayabusa sight unseen. I used a shipping company and title/payment transfer service and it couldn't have went smoother. The bike had 8600 miles on it and seemed pretty stock so I pulled the trigger for $5K. Put over 1000 miles on it this past season and can't wait till the weather breaks so I can get back on the road. If anyone on here is from MI/OH lets get a group ride together sometime. Cheers. :super:

-Mike

View attachment 1646105

View attachment 1646106

View attachment 1646107
Nice looking busa for sure:thumbsup: and welcome to the madness of the org. What part of Michigan you in? I'm in southeast right outside Detroit and we have another member with a beautiful turbo monster that likes to get out for a ride when he can as well.

Nice looking busa for sure:thumbsup: and welcome to the madness of the org. What part of Michigan you in? I'm in southeast right outside Detroit and we have another member with a beautiful turbo monster that likes to get out for a ride when he can as well.
Thanks a lot! I live in Monroe so I'm about 30 minutes south of Detroit and about 20 minutes north of the OH border. I've seen a beautiful turbo busa riding around town in Monroe but it was a couple summers ago. We have a little group of guys that gets together on Friday nights when the weather is nicer.

Welcome and congrats on getting that dream bike! Have done the Craigslist/Cycle Trader thing a few times, so glad you had success. The bike looks really good and hope it continues to ride well and provide you with endless entertainment.

Thanks a lot! I live in Monroe so I'm about 30 minutes south of Detroit and about 20 minutes north of the OH border. I've seen a beautiful turbo busa riding around town in Monroe but it was a couple summers ago. We have a little group of guys that gets together on Friday nights when the weather is nicer.
One of our usual rides is to Ohio usually to hit up the waffle house. Once it warms up we'll have to get together for sure and take a ride. Sounds like you probably have the knowledge to do your own wrenching since you modded up your old gixxer but if you ever need any work done I've actually just started up a shop in Warren, just out of the garage for now but I'm a full time mechanic so everything is professionally done.

Awesome! Good to know! My step dad was a master mechanic for the City of Monroe working on all the city vehicles and police units so he taught me how to wrench when I was young. I really enjoy tearing into the machines for upgrades and maintenance. I really bought the busa just to hop on and ride. I'm 6'5 so first thing I did was change to some Vortex rear sets for a little more comfort on long rides.

Here is a couple pics of the ol GSXR and Yamaha fleet lol

yamaha fleet.jpg

Before:
gsxr1100.jpg

After:
gsxr.jpg

Welcome and I see you have a sweet looking Hayabusa for sure ,
remember it’s all about the ride. I’m in Nashotah Wisconsin if ever going to mid america look me up we can meet at the track .

Awesome! Good to know! My step dad was a master mechanic for the City of Monroe working on all the city vehicles and police units so he taught me how to wrench when I was young. I really enjoy tearing into the machines for upgrades and maintenance. I really bought the busa just to hop on and ride. I'm 6'5 so first thing I did was change to some Vortex rear sets for a little more comfort on long rides.

Here is a couple pics of the ol GSXR and Yamaha fleet lol

View attachment 1646108
Before:
View attachment 1646110

After: View attachment 1646111
U definitely put some work into that gixxer and looks ready to hurt some feelings in s race. I really liked the way it looked when u first got it but even tho I'm not into the stretching I think that one looks good. Definitely gonna have to get together and take a ride this coming season.

Thanks @Dopey. The old bike was built for straight lines for sure. I was sad I never had the chance to run it at our local strip but it sure was an animal on the street. And yes, once the weather breaks we'll have to get a little ride together for sure. Who knows what this MI winter will bring us haha

Hi Mike. I was born and bred in the Yoop. Now I'm a 130 miles west of my hometown in northern Wisconsin. Always good to hear from from some fellow Michiganders out there.

Hi Mike. I was born and bred in the Yoop. Now I'm a 130 miles west of my hometown in northern Wisconsin. Always good to hear from from some fellow Michiganders out there.
What city in Wis? I'm in Milwaukee area.

What city in Wis? I'm in Milwaukee area.
I'm about 50 miles south of the northern border in the center of NW Wisconsin. Nothing is close to here.:laugh: Eau Claire would be the closest place you ever heard of that is anywhere in the remote vacinity. I lived in Milwaukee for 25 years. I may be going back soon if the job market takes me there. I had a lot of fun riding the expressways and that highway in Eagle a lot too. @kim windsor lives up around Oconomowoc. It would be cool to all get together for rides. Maybe someday, I hope.

So around Park Falls or Winter or Hayward? We have a cabin near Crandon east of that area a little bit. I don't usually have my Busa up there though, that is my dirt bike territory.

Very cool @Mythos ! My family loves going into the UP. We try to make it up at least once a year since we're closer to the Ohio border. It's like traveling to a completely different state. Some of the best ORV trails I've rode on my 450 were up across the bridge. :beerchug:

I'm about 50 miles south of the northern border in the center of NW Wisconsin. Nothing is close to here.:laugh: Eau Claire would be the closest place you ever heard of that is anywhere in the remote vacinity. I lived in Milwaukee for 25 years. I may be going back soon if the job market takes me there. I had a lot of fun riding the expressways and that highway in Eagle a lot too. @kim windsor lives up around Oconomowoc. It would be cool to all get together for rides. Maybe someday, I hope.
If you make it my way Leave message on org ,always up for a ride .

So around Park Falls or Winter or Hayward? We have a cabin near Crandon east of that area a little bit. I don't usually have my Busa up there though, that is my dirt bike territory.
Winter. Quit my job though so I'm moving on ASAP when summer comes.

Crandon is about 25 miles from my hometown of Iron Mountain, MI. I love that place. I'll probably live back there someday. wish I could do it now.

Very cool @Mythos ! My family loves going into the UP. We try to make it up at least once a year since we're closer to the Ohio border. It's like traveling to a completely different state. Some of the best ORV trails I've rode on my 450 were up across the bridge. :beerchug:
The Tuskobia Trail is right outside my door. I think it's about 80 miles long. Snowmobiles and ATVs all year round. I'd love to own a sled. One thing, there's a lot less deer in wintertime! I don't dare ride a bike fast here ever again. People are getting messed up hitting deer on bikes every summer and I was one last year. Thank god I wasn't messed up too bad but the bike sure was.

Back