Rules to Enter Iowa:

lurk.gif
all_coholic.gif

Honestly, I'm from California and what I read is definately true. The only peaple here in Ca. that wave to one another are the bikers.

Wait....not to thread jack..but wasent this just cut/paste and altered from the "Rules to enter Texas" thread?

(Revlis @ Oct. 26 2006,19:59) Seriously though, you know WHY Nebraska is so Windy?  Cause Iowa Sucks and Wyoming Blows.  
wow.gif
Thanks Rev , until you posted that I had no idea where Iowa was
biggrin.gif

(V8N3T @ Oct. 27 2006,07:50) Wait....not to thread jack..but wasent this just cut/paste and altered from the "Rules to enter Texas" thread?
I never saw that one. Probably. I got it in an email, so thought I'd spew
smile.gif

Reading that I first thought you were from Tennessee or Georgia till I seen the 200k combines, we can't afford that
all_coholic.gif

(WWJD @ Oct. 26 2006,23:13)
(spkerhed @ Oct. 26 2006,20:31) where does this revlis live I think I will step out back scrape up a cow patti and mail it to him
jump9.gif
hhahahahahaha!

hEY BILL GOOD TO HER FROM YOU

POST YER PICS
I'll try to get out tomorrow. Fall isn't as pretty as normal but I'll still try to get some good ones in.

(GSXTacy @ Oct. 26 2006,23:46)
(billbell @ Oct. 26 2006,20:50) "Is this heaven?  No, this is IOWA!!!!"

I've lived in Palm Springs, CA, Ok City, OK, and there is no place like home......IOWA!  I live on the East coast of Iowa, about 2 blocks from the Mississippi River.  What most people call rivers, we call creeks!  I will try to take some pics of the fall colors here.  It may be too late though.  I've never drove a combine but I have always wanted to.
Hey a Bill sighting! Hope all is well brother. Keep in touch.
All is as good as it can be right now Chris! I read alot around here, just don't post much since I am without a bike.

was In Iowa last week (Sheldon to be exact) the vending machines said Coke, Pepsi, And Live bait-- I am not making this up .

(xzvs @ Oct. 28 2006,17:25) was In Iowa last week (Sheldon to be exact) the vending machines said Coke, Pepsi, And Live bait-- I am not making this up .
man why you got to tell our bussines nobody needed to know that stuff
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

How much are they paying people these days to visit Iowa [/Quote]
With all those twisty mountain roads I should think sportbike pilots would command a premium.

Im happy right here in Milw, WI-I can zip up to my cabin in 4 hours time and reduce my resident population from over 400k, to around 400
smile.gif
thats what I call population control!

MN is fun too when its cold there (which is only 9 months out of the year) and IA...uhm...yeah sure its nice there too...so I've heard...they have lots of corn, dont they?

(WWJD @ Oct. 26 2006,18:50) 12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, and have long hair.
ok here is where it  gets funny  cause   hmm  i believe the best crops are grown in iowa
am i wrong

so  where did meth start

oh yeah  so  dumb farmers kid hahahah

without iowa  we wouldnt have  meth  hmm  food for thought  

but  yes  i know  what your talkin bout  and iowa
is alot of rednecks  no offense

hey bigd  are you a dairy farmer  up there hahahaha

I just happen to have a TRE I'll sale ya, for only $2495., that will make that $200k Combine run like a $300k one...  
firedevil.gif

Well then I must have been transplanted into California maybe having been conceived in IOWA and spent time in utero there.. Because that sort of lifestyle is exactly my mentality. I think that the fact that I am not Lutheran may be a problem though. Does a former Catholic atheist fit into that state somehow?
My old buddy from the USAF was from IOWA. He always talked about making the big drive into Des Moines to get a taste of the city. Of course he wasn't your average garden variety IOWAN... He liked the whole goth thing a lot, I mean fishnet sleeves and didn't wash much so I guess he still had some country boy in him but got it all wrong at some point when he started wearing fishing gear instead of leaving it in the water.

I tell you what, we have ALL TYPES of people here. And people might stare, laugh or whisper but it's mostly live and let live no matter what walk of life you are. And that is pretty cool. I'd say overall, we're probably a little more 'country' than other places, but even though that's not really my bag, baby, 'country' has a depth, warmth and realism that big cities will never achieve. I guess maybe that's why I stay here. I could live anywhere, and have been from Seattle to Nantucket - all nice places, but home is where you make it. And Iowa is a nice center point to return to. Never have to worry about floods, earth quakes, not much terrorism going on - yeah we get Tornado and snow but no place is totally perfect. It's flat and green and friendly and real, and you can goto Minneapolis, Chicago, Omaha, Kansas City in half a day's drive if you feel like.

I really like that most people are friendly. In Des Moines, some try to act like big city and be rude and ignore each other or try tp dress uppity, but a mile out of town and you are near some small town where almost everyone waves at you. Even police.

If you want to visit Iowa but don't want to leave your home, rent THE STRAIGHT STORY about an old guy who rode his lawn mower across the state to visit his brother. EXCELLENT cinematography of Iowa. Yeah, sounds like a boring premis for a movie - and it is SLOW - paced, but perhaps your lafe is unrealistaclly fast paced?
smile.gif

http://imdb.com/title/tt0166896/

B00001XDRG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Looks like a fun Movie to see. I enjoy offbeat stuff like that. Man, I sat through the Station Agent so I ought to be able to sit through that and probably enjoy it.

Back