Rules to Enter Iowa:

We just moved from Orange County, CA to Rio Rancho, NM. I was born and raised in Northern Arizona (about three hours from here) and this is very much like coming home.

Just loving life here. People wave. They're nice to us. Can't complain about anything. Weather can't get any better than this.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Whatta relief!

--Wag--

(WWJD @ Oct. 29 2006,20:30) I tell you what, we have ALL TYPES of people here. And people might stare, laugh or whisper but it's mostly live and let live no matter what walk of life you are. And that is pretty cool. I'd say overall, we're probably a little more 'country' than other places, but even though that's not really my bag, baby, 'country' has a depth, warmth and realism that big cities will never achieve. I guess maybe that's why I stay here. I could live anywhere, and have been from Seattle to Nantucket - all nice places, but home is where you make it. And Iowa is a nice center point to return to. Never have to worry about floods, earth quakes, not much terrorism going on - yeah we get Tornado and snow but no place is totally perfect. It's flat and green and friendly and real, and you can goto Minneapolis, Chicago, Omaha, Kansas City in half a day's drive if you feel like.

I really like that most people are friendly. In Des Moines, some try to act like big city and be rude and ignore each other or try tp dress uppity, but a mile out of town and you are near some small town where almost everyone waves at you. Even police.

If you want to visit Iowa but don't want to leave your home, rent THE STRAIGHT STORY about an old guy who rode his lawn mower across the state to visit his brother. EXCELLENT cinematography of Iowa. Yeah, sounds like a boring premis for a movie - and it is SLOW - paced, but perhaps your lafe is unrealistaclly fast paced?
smile.gif

http://imdb.com/title/tt0166896/

B00001XDRG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
I've seen this movie. A long time ago, but interesting to say the least. Just goes to show how fast paced the world has become and how easily it is to get left behind if you can't keep up with the changing times.

an oldie but a goodie

A few more...

1. That slope-shouldered farm boy did more work before breakfast than you do all week at the gym.

2. We all started hunting and fishing when we were seven years old. Yeah, we saw Bambi. We got over it.

3. Any references to "corn fed" when talking about our women will get your a$$ whipped... by our women.

4. Go ahead and bring your $600 Orvis Fly Rod. Don't cry to us if a flathead breaks it off at the handle. We have a name for those little 13-inch trout you fish for... bait.

5. That's right. Whiskey is only two bucks. We can buy a fifth for what you paid in the airport for one drink.

6. Let's get this straight. We have one stoplight in town. We stop when it's red. We may even stop when it's yellow.

7. Our women hunt, fish, and drive trucks--because they want to. So you're a feminist. Isn't that cute.

8. That Highway Patrol Officer that just pulled you over for driving like an idiot... his name is "Sir"... no matter how old he is.

(pward76 @ Oct. 30 2006,10:36) 8. That Highway Patrol Officer that just pulled you over for driving like an idiot... his name is "Sir"... no matter how old he is.
Thats what there called out here too.

Back