Rules to Enter Iowa:

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Rules to Enter Iowa:
Applies to each person as they enter Iowa . Learn & remember:
East Coast and California-types pay particular attention!

1. Pull your droopy pants up.
You look like an idiot.

2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road."
I drive a pickup truck because I want to.
No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

3. They are cattle & feed lots.
That's what they smell like to you.
They smell like money to us.
Get over it.
Don't like it?
I-80 goes east and west, I-35 goes north and south.
Pick one.

4. So you have a $60,000 car.
We're impressed.
We have $200,000 corn/bean combines that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

5. So every person in every pickup waves.
It's called being friendly.
Try to understand the concept.

6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of pheasants are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand.
You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

7. Yes, we eat catfish.
You really want sushi & caviar?
It's available at the corner bait shop.

8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of pheasant season.
It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

9. We open doors for women.
That is applied to all women, regardless of age.

10. No, there's no "vegetarian special" on the menu.
Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

11. When we fill a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Picante Sauce.
Oh, yeah.... We don't care what you folks in Malibu call that stuff you eat... It is NOT REAL Maid-Rites !!
Maid-Rites were born and bred in Iowa .... and real Maid-Rites were never ground turkey!

12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, and served over ice. You bring "Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, and have long hair.

13. The "Hawkeyes", "Cyclones" and"Panthers" and High School Football is as important here as the Lakers and the Knicks, and a lot more fun to watch.

14. Yes, we have golf courses.
But don't hit the water hazards - it spooks the fish.

15. Colleges? Try Iowa City , Ames , Des Moines , Cedar Falls , or a bunch more.
They come out of there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at passing pickups when they come for the holidays.

16. Our state is home to "The Big Three, " so if you feel inclined to flip the bird to one of us in the state of Iowa, you'll get your happy, flabby eastern California behind whipped by the best

Always remember what Gen. Eisenhower once said:

" IOWA can make it without the United States ,
but the United States can't make it without IOWA

(WWJD @ Oct. 26 2006,16:50) 8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of pheasant season.
It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.
its time to blast some birds
super.gif

(Mr Brown @ Oct. 26 2006,07:18) Your combines only cost 200k?
Cheap asses...........
for a small one. upwards of 300 now.

"Is this heaven? No, this is IOWA!!!!"

I've lived in Palm Springs, CA, Ok City, OK, and there is no place like home......IOWA! I live on the East coast of Iowa, about 2 blocks from the Mississippi River. What most people call rivers, we call creeks! I will try to take some pics of the fall colors here. It may be too late though. I've never drove a combine but I have always wanted to.

A lot of that reminds me of what it was like growing up in small town Missouri. It's nice to know there are still places like that, Lord knows Central Florida ain't one of them.

Yeah

Idiots
Out
Wondering
Around...

beerchug.gif

Seriously though, you know WHY Nebraska is so Windy? Cause Iowa Sucks and Wyoming Blows.
wow.gif

I heard on the news the other day that a huge tornado went through Iowa, destroyed the whole place... Did $10 worth of damage. Nebraska Folks Said it was a Million dollars worth of improvement.
wow.gif

He he...

Just playing guys. Besides without you midwest folks out there we wouldn't be able to appreciate how good we have it out here.
smile.gif
OK OK. Seriously though it's good to see some folks that actually live in a state they like, that seems to work pretty well.

wow.gif

where does this revlis live I think I will step out back scrape up a cow patti and mail it to him
jump9.gif

(spkerhed @ Oct. 26 2006,20:31) where does this revlis live I think I will step out back scrape up a cow patti and mail it to him
jump9.gif
hhahahahahaha!

hEY BILL GOOD TO HER FROM YOU

POST YER PICS

(billbell @ Oct. 26 2006,20:50) "Is this heaven?  No, this is IOWA!!!!"

I've lived in Palm Springs, CA, Ok City, OK, and there is no place like home......IOWA!  I live on the East coast of Iowa, about 2 blocks from the Mississippi River.  What most people call rivers, we call creeks!  I will try to take some pics of the fall colors here.  It may be too late though.  I've never drove a combine but I have always wanted to.
Hey a Bill sighting! Hope all is well brother. Keep in touch.

Bah It's not where ya live, it's where your from. I'm from Colorado, so a cow pie isn't going to be too much of a shocker.

Currently living in paradise, The Pacific Northwest. You know, where the women curve in at the waist... And don't still do the "BANG's" thing...

Come on Midwest folks... You know what I mean...

You don't have to drive too far to find a cowpie here in Washington either Rev.... my uncle lives in Lynden... cows are almost all they have up there!

Back