I Thought I was happy

"let's just be friends". That Sh!t SUCKS!!! I don't know why, but EVERYTIME something goes right for me, it gets fugged up!
Backstory: I'm 21, never really been on dates. I end up meating this girl on the myspace.com, turns out our lives were pretty much the same. We both came from pastor families; my step-dad cheated on my mom, so did her dad; we have the same wierd sense of humor; and ALOT of other things that ran fairly parralel. Anyway, I let myself fall in love with her, and I started changing sh!t in my life some. Not because I didn't want to, I had wanted to, she just helped give me the inspiration to do so. I had cut WAY back on my cussing, (I'm Really bad about it sometimes), and a couple other things. I was actually HAPPY for once in my life, then that happiness get's ripped out and thrown around. It's like god wants to toy with me. I had stopped going to church when my step-dad cheated on my mom (if you can't trust a pastor, who can you trust, right?), and I was going to start going again with her, but fugg it all now. I just don't know if I care about anything anymore. All I have that I care about now is my bike. This is going to be a deppressing winter if I can't get the bike out. I guess I got too close for only going out with her a month or so, but I thought everything in our lives was so close to each others, and I ended up meeting her at the end of her relationship, It must have been ment to be, but alas, I'm an ASS! The thing that gets me, is something was telling me "don't get too close yet, she just got out of a serious relationship, she might not be ready for another just yet", but of course I didn't listen, and that's exactly what happened, she wasn't ready for another relationship. I understand that, I don't blame her, I blame my DAMN SELF!! I didn't listen to myself, and I let myself fall in love. I know I sound like a puss, and if you have a negative comment, keep it to your damn self! I just needed to vent.
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but here are my comments just based on your post.

Life isn't always positive, either, so my comments may not be positive. But hang tough. I've been through this shid in my sultry past too so I know a little bit about it!
biggrin.gif

21 is too young to have a committed relationship. My opinion, of course. Date around for now. 25 is the earliest but only if you have your edumacation completed and your career on track. Relationships have a bad habit of either destroying both completely OR at least making them much much harder to get.

You're still young. You can still move on. It's just a simple matter of changing your direction. Ultimately, it will turn out okay in the long run if you work at it.

Regardless of all that, falling in love is not a bad thing, however. In my opinion, it just happens. You were inspired to improve yourself because of it and there's nothing at all wrong with that. But keep that feeling. Keep taking continuous steps at self-improvement. Self development should be a lifelong project for everyone, regardless. I admit, love makes it easier to get motivated and stay on track but we can all use some internal, self-directed impetus to improve even more.

You may have some significant downtime during the winter so good. Use that time wisely and learn some new stuff. The BEST thing to do is learn a new language. A quarter of the world's population speaks Mandarin. Suggest starting there and putting some hours into it every day and you'll be glad you did some day. I promise.

You've heard it before but I'll say it again. Happiness is a state of mind, not something someone can take from you. Granted, good things can be taken from us all and create momentary misery for us. But only you can allow your long-term, CORE center of overall happiness be assailed. Keep a grip on it, at least for memory's sake.

Last but not least, venting is good! Hang tough and remember that when I come on here to vent, I expect some good advice from you in return!
biggrin.gif

Hang tough, bro. You'll be okay.

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

"let's just be friends". That Sh!t SUCKS!!! I don't know why, but EVERYTIME something goes right for me, it gets fugged up!
Backstory: I'm 21, never really been on dates. I end up meating this girl on the myspace.com, turns out our lives were pretty much the same. We both came from pastor families; my step-dad cheated on my mom, so did her dad; we have the same wierd sense of humor; and ALOT of other things that ran fairly parralel. Anyway, I let myself fall in love with her, and I started changing sh!t in my life some. Not because I didn't want to, I had wanted to, she just helped give me the inspiration to do so. I had cut WAY back on my cussing, (I'm Really bad about it sometimes), and a couple other things. I was actually HAPPY for once in my life, then that happiness get's ripped out and thrown around. It's like god wants to toy with me. I had stopped going to church when my step-dad cheated on my mom (if you can't trust a pastor, who can you trust, right?), and I was going to start going again with her, but fugg it all now. I just don't know if I care about anything anymore. All I have that I care about now is my bike. This is going to be a deppressing winter if I can't get the bike out. I guess I got too close for only going out with her a month or so, but I thought everything in our lives was so close to each others, and I ended up meeting her at the end of her relationship, It must have been ment to be, but alas, I'm an ASS! The thing that gets me, is something was telling me "don't get too close yet, she just got out of a serious relationship, she might not be ready for another just yet", but of course I didn't listen, and that's exactly what happened, she wasn't ready for another relationship. I understand that, I don't blame her, I blame my DAMN SELF!! I didn't listen to myself, and I let myself fall in love. I know I sound like a puss, and if you have a negative comment, keep it to your damn self! I just needed to vent.
I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but here are my comments just based on your post.  

Life isn't always positive, either, so my comments may not be positive.  But hang tough.  I've been through this shid in my sultry past too so I know a little bit about it!  
biggrin.gif

21 is too young to have a committed relationship.  My opinion, of course.  Date around for now.  25 is the earliest but only if you have your edumacation completed and your career on track.  Relationships have a bad habit of either destroying both completely OR at least making them much much harder to get.

You're still young.  You can still move on.  It's just a simple matter of changing your direction.  Ultimately, it will turn out okay in the long run if you work at it.

Regardless of all that, falling in love is not a bad thing, however.  In my opinion, it just happens.  You were inspired to improve yourself because of it and there's nothing at all wrong with that.  But keep that feeling.  Keep taking continuous steps at self-improvement.  Self development should be a lifelong project for everyone, regardless.  I admit, love makes it easier to get motivated and stay on track but we can all use some internal, self-directed impetus to improve even more.

You may have some significant downtime during the winter so good.  Use that time wisely and learn some new stuff.  The BEST thing to do is learn a new language.  A quarter of the world's population speaks Mandarin.  Suggest starting there and putting some hours into it every day and you'll be glad you did some day.  I promise.  

You've heard it before but I'll say it again.  Happiness is a state of mind, not something someone can take from you.  Granted, good things can be taken from us all and create momentary misery for us.  But only you can allow your long-term, CORE center of overall happiness be assailed.  Keep a grip on it, at least for memory's sake.

Last but not least, venting is good!  Hang tough and remember that when I come on here to vent, I expect some good advice from you in return!  
biggrin.gif

Hang tough, bro.  You'll be okay.

--Wag--
Thanks dude, the only advice I have to give now is "Reality TV is the downfall of western civilization"

okay, so it's not exactly advice as it is a statement.

biggrin.gif

Thanks dude, the only advice I have to give now is "Reality TV is the downfall of western civilization"

Isn't that the truth?!
laugh.gif
When I was down for 9 weeks with my back surgery, I got so I'd rather just stare at the ceiling over watch another TV show...
mad.gif

smile.gif

Remember Yam it's the storms that make us stronger.  I remember times when I was hurting and didn't understand why God had allowed certain people to leave my life.  He has revealed to me that they could not go where He desired to take me.  IT MAKES ME WANT TO SHOUT everytime I think of it.  You'll look back and realize it worked in your favor that she walked away.  I've been single for ~2 years and while I'm no super model I'm far from Shrek material.  I've developed a mind set to remain faithful in what God has called me to do and the wife will come.  Psalms 18:22 says "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD".  

The key work is FINDS, meaning it's up to us cave men to go out and find our women LOL.  Anyway, stay encouraged and remember to seek first the Kingdom of God an all it's righteousness and everything else will be added (including the woman of your dreams)

God bless,
Angelo

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135283336 -->

dude, there is only one thing better than pu**y, and that is "new" pu**y...
I'm not after pu**y though. I just want a girlfriend to spend time with. It was wierd when I was with her. I USED to watch ALOT of TV. When I was with her, I realized how petty TV was. Beth and I would usually end up just sitting in the quiet talking with my arm around her, her head on my shoulder, and I was incredibly happy that I was spending time with her and NOT watching TV. Unfortunately, I haven't met many women with this same mindset with a personality that clicks with mine like Beth's did.

<!--EDIT|yamahor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135283771 -->

dude, there is only one thing better than pu**y, and that is "new" pu**y...
I'm not after pu**y though. I just want a girlfriend to spend time with. It was wierd when I was with her. I USED to watch ALOT of TV. When I was with her, I realized how petty TV was. Beth and I would usually end up just sitting in the quiet talking with my arm around her, her head on my shoulder, and I was incredibly happy that I was spending time with her and NOT watching TV. Unfortunately, I haven't met many women with this same mindset with a personality that clicks with mine like Beth's did.
...doesn't mean you won't ever find someone like that again, and it doesn't mean that one day, down the road for whatever reason, you may find yourself happy with Beth again...who knows at this point?

Everything happens for a reason...as cliche as that is, I think it's very true...now, smack her for doing this in the middle of winter when you can't coddle yourself with a ride!
tounge.gif

Ben, don't sweat it. Rack this up as practice, as you start getting out and dating more you'll start to learn what to do and what signs lead to what. It's a f'ed up world out there and nobody really knows what they want. You met one girl off of Myspace, now meet another! Don't wory about settleing down, your only 21, WAY to early to tie yourself down with the wrong person. Get out, experience life.

And on the "I only have a 900RR" bit, you have a killer 900. A bike that alot of Honda owners would love to have. Most people aren't fortunate enough to have a fully polished showroom condition cycle. You do.  
You'll get a Busa, oneday.

I'm only a call away or 10 miles up the road. Gimmie a call if you need to talk. Your not the first person to go through this.

Here's a pic to cheer you up. I introduce the next mod to Ben's SHO.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135292883 -->

sizeimage.jpg

I had stopped going to church when my step-dad cheated on my mom (if you can't trust a pastor, who can you trust, right?),
Dude, pastor or not, he's just another guy like you and me, he has the same issues to deal with as the rest of us.

I heard a line once that stuck with me, it goes something like this.

If you let someone else get between you and God, that someone else may be closer than you are.

God-----------someone else------------you

It kind of makes sense. Not to be nitpicky here but if you were to look at God as more than just a god, it might make a difference.

Kev

Isn't that the truth?!  
laugh.gif
 When I was down for 9 weeks with my back surgery, I got so I'd rather just stare at the ceiling over watch another TV show...  
mad.gif

smile.gif
Except "Lost"

<span style='color:green'>}Dad?</span>

Yami you'll make out alright. Time is the greatest healer.

<!--EDIT|Gunnybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135293833 -->

Yep "Jim Beam" time!
ditto, yeah man I ain't one for advice but I have had some pretty painful times and I can say this........

In the end God knows whats best for you and will not allow anything more then you can handle.

Get through this and wait to see what the man upstairs has in store for you next!!!!!

Love is this, " that I lay down my life for my friends" and you are my friend. (A Jesus quote for you today)

of course a bit paraphased but it is somewhere in the Bible. HONEST:)

Yeah, Women are evil... No way around it. Well there is and your still young and impressionable... He he... So I won't explain that to ya. But not ALL women are twisted and sick, just most.

Want to find a good woman, go to College. It's about the best place on the Earth to meet smart women that have something going for them. Otherwise you'll keep running into sack chasers and status skanks. Trust me on this, find a woman that has an education and a career and you'll be good to go.

Otherwise, relax everytime I have found myself single, I've gone on to something better.
thumbs-up.gif

Ben, you can always come over and sit on my Busa and pretend it's yours if it'll make you feel better.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

be greatfull you aint married,and she turns around to ya and sais we getting divorsed and im having half of everything.
wink.gif
(half of busa)?
cheers up m8 plenty more fish out there need catching and poking
wink.gif

wink.gif

Back