I Thought I was happy

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
"let's just be friends". That Sh!t SUCKS!!! I don't know why, but EVERYTIME something goes right for me, it gets fugged up!
Backstory: I'm 21, never really been on dates. I end up meating this girl on the myspace.com, turns out our lives were pretty much the same. We both came from pastor families; my step-dad cheated on my mom, so did her dad; we have the same wierd sense of humor; and ALOT of other things that ran fairly parralel. Anyway, I let myself fall in love with her, and I started changing sh!t in my life some. Not because I didn't want to, I had wanted to, she just helped give me the inspiration to do so. I had cut WAY back on my cussing, (I'm Really bad about it sometimes), and a couple other things. I was actually HAPPY for once in my life, then that happiness get's ripped out and thrown around. It's like god wants to toy with me. I had stopped going to church when my step-dad cheated on my mom (if you can't trust a pastor, who can you trust, right?), and I was going to start going again with her, but fugg it all now. I just don't know if I care about anything anymore. All I have that I care about now is my bike. This is going to be a deppressing winter if I can't get the bike out. I guess I got too close for only going out with her a month or so, but I thought everything in our lives was so close to each others, and I ended up meeting her at the end of her relationship, It must have been ment to be, but alas, I'm an ASS! The thing that gets me, is something was telling me "don't get too close yet, she just got out of a serious relationship, she might not be ready for another just yet", but of course I didn't listen, and that's exactly what happened, she wasn't ready for another relationship. I understand that, I don't blame her, I blame my DAMN SELF!! I didn't listen to myself, and I let myself fall in love. I know I sound like a puss, and if you have a negative comment, keep it to your damn self! I just needed to vent.

Bro, i'd hate to say but... It's not the first & last time this might happen... I was with my baby-moma for about 3.5 yrs, then she drops a BOMB on me by telling me that she cheated on me not, once, but twice in out relationship... I was in a world of hell for that long 1.5 months... till one day I was as good as new... Don't sweat it though Bro, sometimes The Lord puts us throught these things to better ourselves... Don't give up on The Lord Bro, He's always there for us when it seems like he's not... You probably have a better girl lined up for you
biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Bro especially during this holiday season. It is always dangerous when you meet someone just out of a relationship because you usually end up being their rebound. Don't blame yourself because you could never have known she was going to do this to you. Just remember that all girls aren't going to be like her and there are plenty of other girls out there (it's a 3:1 female to male ratio)! Odds are in your favor!! Just get out and live because you are still young and you have plenty of time to find someone and settle down. Don't do it too soon.
Keep your chin up but always protect it too
smile.gif
And ride the BUSA even if it is cold!

Whoops! Hey, at least you have scoot. Still can get the wind in your face. That always seems to help clear my head.
tounge.gif

Nothing wrong with a 900rr (still miss mine). There are plenty of women out there. Look up adultfriendfinder.com bunch of them there
smile.gif

Sorry to hear maybe where she was just out of a relationship she didn't get some breathing room maybe she will step back and re evaluate things if not maybe it just wasn't meant to be
rock.gif
be patient but don't put your life on hold try to stay busy and keep you head high knowing ya did all you could and some good came out of it
smile.gif

First off.

Every girl / woman I have been with has ripped my heart out of my chest, shredded it into little pieces and stuffed the broken pieces back into my chest.

Unfortunately this has made me the person I am today. someone who can love.. but I have finally got to the point where I can walk away from anyone at anytime..

yes.. you do eventually get so hardened where things just don't matter as much.

The thing that really sucks is you will be fine.. who your girlfriend really screwed is the next girl that tries to get close to you. because each time it will make it just a little harder for someone to get close to you.

I have often told God.. ok God.. I am ready.. done here on earth. Ready to go when you are.. but I am still here for some reason.

As far as God doing something to you..

Go read the book of JOB in the bible. Everything happens for a reason.. and I don’t believe in most cases God does anything to us… I think in some cases he ALLOWS forces to screw with us.. but in the end.. I think due to the fact that we have free will. Most of the time what happens. Just happens. No one is doing anything to us.. it is just life..

Whenever you open yourself up to love you open yourself up to getting hurt..

Guys do it to girls.. girls do it to guys.. pretty screwed up system..

Anyway.. hate to say this.. but you are 21.. I am 43.. get used to the pain train because it is a-comin..

Oh. I will give you one bit of advice I have learned..

One of your problems might have been you changed.

She was attracted to you for some reason.. then you go and change on her? She was probably attracted to the bad boy in you.. then you clean your act up thinking it is going to make her happy and make you happy and guess what? Mr. Bad boy is now mr. Nice guy.. NOT the person she was attracted to.

Don’t ever change yourself for no one.. except yourself..

For one if you change yourself for someone else.. the first time they piss you off you will revert back to your old habits to get back at them.. and for two.. you are going to be who you are going to be. You can TRY to act like someone else.. but eventually.. when you are relaxed.. you will be you…

So just be yourself.. and enjoy the dance… I am sure you had good times with her.. just remember the good times. Except it for what it was.. a nice diversion on your journey and move on to someone else…

Enjoy life.. don’t get so worked up over one person.. especially not over a relationship or a woman.. they are all over the place…

And when someone has a solid relationship with God.. when they go through tough times.. and when they are in the middle of being hammered and crushed by life. They learn to lean on God.. not blame him.. That is what God is there for.. not to be blamed.. but to give a strength to get through the tough times..

and sorry to hear abouth your step dad / pastor cheating.. a good example of why people need to follow God and not man.

men and women will fall and will fail and will always let us down.. if someone places their faith and trust in a human.. they will be let down.. and if you base your entire life on a religion and your religion is based on a human being.. when that human falls. Your entire world will crumble.

Never place your life.. your destiny.. Your future in another humans hands.. trust God first.. yourself second.. and no one else after that

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135229953 -->

I don't know why, but EVERYTIME something goes right for me, it gets fugged up!
Backstory: I'm 21, never really been on dates.
that sucks. plain + simple. you're going to go through that a few more times in the future, most likely (sorry)...I thought I had it all sown up at 21-22; in love + all that...there's just too much going on with people at that time in their lives, and stuff tends to get..well..disconnected. Maybe it's a chemical/physiological thing. I kinda went through the same sh!d (a few times, in fact!) around that time in my life(37 now), and of course you get though it, 'cause you're stronger than all of that. Things like that happen for a reason tho, since they weren't meant to be. Thinking back, I wouldn't have met the woman I've been with for 12 years if those early "relationships" had gone differently. Despondent then, happy now. Time changes everything. Move on.

I know that's not easy to hear now, but it does get better, really. Hang tough, drink some Chivas, + it'll all work out in time.

Ron, well put! Yamahor, hang in there things will get better but you already know this. Time, unfortunately is the best medicine for a broken heart..........

sad.gif
Big Ben, sry to hear that shid bro, it truly does suck. You'll bounce back, just find yourself a nice "rebound", get in, get off, get out.... no muss no fuss, I know easier said then done but it helps, at least in my cases.

...if God brings you to it, he will bring you through it... you just gotta listen

Hey, I'm 47 years old. I know exactly how you feel right now. But right now will begin to go away before you know it. The reason I said I'm 47 is that I have been through and seen more of this crap than you can imagine. And I always made it through it and came out better than before. Don't give up on yourself or the Big Man Above. You think you have it tough. Think about him. Right now he's carrying you and several thousand other that are all feeling the same way as you. Agian, it will pass. The good thing is that in a very short time you will be ready to go put and live again. The bad thing is it will probably happen again. Such is life. Don't give up on looking for the right one. You might miss her and end up alone and very bitter. Life is short. Go find another and hope she's the one.

David

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135267138 -->

I know that it sucks and that it hurts.  But, you are only 21, lots of time to find Miss Right.  In the mean time, keep looking for Miss Rightnow.

I found out my 1st wife was cheating on me, and not with just 1 guy.  I gave her the choice of keeper her panties on and working on the marrage, or leaving for her boyfriends.  Like I said, she was my first wife.  She chose the other guys.  Talk about a crushing blow to the ego, not to mention the heart.

Anyway, It took about 2 months before I was able to go out with anyone, and I was not looking for another relationship.  But the 3rd or 5th Miss Rightnow ended up being Miss Right. I had a few more Miss Rightnows until I figured that out.  We've been happily married for 15 years now. 

I would not have met my current wife if I hadn't been married to the first one.  I moved with my first wife when she took a job in another state.  So maybe that was part of His master plan.  And maybe He thought I needed to be stomped on to learn something. I was kind of self-absorbed when I was younger.  If you never have anything bad happen, how can you really appreciate when something wonderful happens?

Bro, it happens. No need to feel like you're being a puss, the toughest guy out there can be reduced to a snivelling little boy in a matter of minutes by a woman. He might not tell anyone about it, but it happens. You can either withdraw into your shell, and feel sad, or you can accept the hurt, chalk it up to a learning experience, and move on. I've broken a few hearts along the way, I've had mine broke also, it's part of the process. Get some friends together, go out for some cocktails, and walk up to a girl that tickles your fancy, and just start talking. If you can make a woman laugh, you're in there. Having seen your posts here, I know you have a good sense of humor, use it. Remember this: It'll be allright, and even if it ain't, it'll be allright.

Don't wear your feelins on your sleeve bro.....you will end up with heartbreak and heartache everytime......there is one for you...just wait and allow God to bring the right one in your life.....surly you don't want to make a true mistake..trust in God he will bring the right one and when he does you will no it...NO FLAGS and most of all remember God doesn't make mistakes...hang in there
biggrin.gif

Back