What should I do?

Help your Mom the best you can. Sometimes money is not always the answer. If things are not meeting up for her, money wise, maybe you do need to ask some more questions to help her in the most efficient way.

Best Wishes

My mom and dad where going thru a rough patch a year ago. I had my mom move into my house for a year. You do what you have to do bro. you only have one mom. You need to ask her what she needs for you to do. that way your not stepping on her toes either. hope it works out.

Move her in to your house if you have room, and an agreeable partner. If she's renting it will give her a chance to get back on her feet. I'll bet she'll even be a great help around you house. Just remember that if you have kids you will need to establish who's raising them. Grandma's and Mom's will both fall into the motherly role if kids are present.

Best wishes to you and your mom.
beerchug.gif

think you got problems?
my mother likes to hit the bottle, every day.
gets very belligerent too.
her health is poor also.
once she was very drunk, and fell down, and couldn't get back up, had to call 911. the emt's told my sister she was over the limit.
she needs someone to live with her and take care of her, but she's so bitter nobody will. she's kicked me out more times than i can count.
she wont go to an assisted care facility (they dont go for drunks there) and she's running out of money too
Has she been evaluated for diabetes? Sometimes that causes alcoholism...
no, she's been a bitter drunk as long as i can remember.
when i was a kid, i remember she was in the back yard, holding her .38, contemplating suicide.
i just stood there and watched.
her behavior rubbed off on my sister, she does some of the same shid i saw my mother do.
i'm glad i dont take my probs out on folks

Back