I think I am a target!

Can't say I've been that tight with a careless driver, but I've had cars come close enough that I could touch them. All you can do is know where they are and make sure you have an escape route. In heavy traffic with no shoulder, I usually plan my escape between the lanes of traffic.

I typically do the same, hence the reason for the left line positioning, when the car behind me changed lanes the rest happened within 4 seconds.....

Getting that time of the year again, when you here of so many accidents, becareful everybody.

Anymore, I hate riding the interstate for that exact reason. But I always seem to be drawn back to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

glad your ok, i have a friend that carries marbles, and one of those small wooden lousville bats with him. If a car gets to close he will drop a marble to the side of him (very sneaky) and if it hits the car they usally back off pretty quick. he had a truck run him off the road on to the bumpy things on the shoulder and he used the bat on the driver side door to give them a wake up call. it's not the smartest way to do things but it sure is affective and i bet the drivers will remember that next time they see a bike around...

Glad your OK.

I think with the economy the way it is you will probably see alot more DUI's and maybe just plain ole lack of attention. Be extra cautious!!!

odd you of all people did not pick up your phone if you felt the guy was "impaired"

as far as the blocker thing? I get that pretty regular.. A lot of times I can "create" this bunny buy passing a group of cars and then waiting around a bit.. one will break free quite often just to see the bike :whistle: I let them get back around me (some hate being second) and lead the way

I tend to have a rabbit anyway as it gives me time to slow it down if the bird dog goes off.. I usually hold a 4-10 second margin and keep it consistent.. I have had a number of these "rabbits" give me the thumbs up when they exit the highway before I do.. some sort of strange camaraderie with these guys when they are running 80+ (speed limit 70 here)..

anyway glad you are not under some fat grease spot on 44 :) time for a "bike awareness" campaign again..

Wow...CApn glad you came out unscathed.

People just are too busy/stupid to pay attention nowadays.:rulez:

A good reminder for everyone on highway safety.

glad your okay and there is just way to many idiots that dont pay attention anymore

I would pay real money to watch that.... problem is, I would have been right there with you.
I have seen so much of this HUA driving , I have become numb to it. I would have probably calmly asked how it felt to be a F**KING IDIOT. :laugh:

We should ride tomorrow, I am going out today for a short ride before the weather takes a dive next week..

Glad it worked out ok, Doug. I'm proud of you for letting the guy have it. He may not have wanted to look over so as to minimize the embarrassment, but if he was coherent I'll bet he learned a lesson. I haven't had any issues like that on the bike but the Miata is a different story. That little car has given me a few stories to tell.

I thought it was only me that was surrounded by these types.The classic one is the teenage girl gabbing with her freind in the passenger side,eating Mcdonalds,smoking a cigarette,drinking soda and either talking on or looking for the cellphone-ALL at the same time while attempting to drive in heavy traffic.Wonderful.

Glad to hear it wasn't worse.

Kudos to whomever stepped up to help you with the rest of your interstate journey. I hadn't thought about doing that when I have to drive the car.

You handled it much better than i would have, his mirror would have been shoved through his windshield.

Scary. Glad you're ok. I always have nightmares of either getting rear-ended in traffic or someone pulling out in front of me with no where to go and no time to stop.

"Hello, 911, there is a drunk guy on the interstate and he's waving a gun at me!" Tag #..... SHOTS FIRED!

Dang Skipper?! I thought I was the only rider with that type of luck... and those type of hostile reactions to said luck. :whistle:

Heads up riding saved your bacon! Good on ya! :thumbsup:

It's hard at times but you just got to keep your cool. I can't afford a pissing match with a cager. I have been accused of adjusting a mirror once :whistle:

You are lucky. I have had a girl in a VW Bug look right at me in the rt hand lane & then start changing lanes into mine. She was looking at me the whole time. A kick in her door didn't even slow her down.

glad you came out of it ok...i really don't want to think what this place would turn into if Mrs. Captain was in charge while you were recovering :laugh:

Back