Almost got hit

ankurv

Registered
So I am on the 101S freeway going onto 405S this morning. As I always do, I was positioned on the right side of the lane and getting ready to change over to the lane to the right for the ramp. I suddenly feel something passing me - shocked and holding onto driving in a straight line to avoid being hit, I notice a black pickup truck passing me in the same lane at around 70 mph.

After having avoided being hit, I changed lanes to the left, chased this guy down (the traffic was pretty thin - so no problems) and honked him after getting next to his driver side window. This idiot raises his arms as if he did not do anything and shows me the finger.

Just wanted to vent this out.. thanks for listening.

-Ankur

What a punk... did you return the Favor
tounge.gif

Sorry to hear...shmuck drivers are everywhere. At least you felt him pass you, rather than impact you.

sad.gif

I had that happen to me before... Rode behind that fooker for about a mile till we hit traffic... When he slowed down.. I cut the lane and when I pulled up next to his car (Honda Civic) I swung with my left hand and took out his passanger side mirror. Kept cutting traffic... and I was long gone.

#######! I am sure he won't mess it a bike again.

laugh.gif

I had that happen to me before... Rode behind that fooker for about a mile till we hit traffic... When he slowed down.. I cut the lane and when I pulled up next to his car (Honda Civic) I swung with my left hand and took out his passanger side mirror.  Kept cutting traffic... and I was long gone.

#######!  I am sure he won't mess it a bike again.

laugh.gif
+1

I know, I know... two wrongs don't make a right but it felt good as shid... fugin cagers..
guns.gif

So I am on the 101S freeway going onto 405S this morning. As I always do, I was positioned on the right side of the lane and getting ready to change over to the lane to the right for the ramp. I suddenly feel something passing me - shocked and holding onto driving in a straight line to avoid being hit, I notice a black pickup truck passing me in the same lane at around 70 mph.

After having avoided being hit, I changed lanes to the left, chased this guy down (the traffic was pretty thin - so no problems) and honked him after getting next to his driver side window. This idiot raises his arms as if he did not do anything and shows me the finger.

-Ankur
hey man..your from los angeles..why dont you go for a ride with us on nov 5th..its going to be mostly busas from this forum..good chance to meet great busa lovers like yourself and tour central cali..what do you say???
poke.gif
P M me if your interested...theres also a thread about it in geographic forums..

-Ankur
hey man..your from los angeles..why dont you go for a ride with us on nov 5th..its going to be mostly busas from this forum..good chance to meet great busa lovers like yourself and tour central cali..what do you say???  
poke.gif
 P M me if your interested...theres also a thread about it in geographic forums..
Yes - busahaya told me about the meet and I definitely would try my best to be there. Need to work out a couple of scheduling issues that weekend.

Will definitely make it if I can get out of the appointment on Saturday
smile.gif

thanks

Ankur

What an a@@hole!
evil.gif
I've had many such incidents. I've come to accept it's just part of being on two wheels. Whether it's inattention, stupidity or aggressiveness or what there's no excuse for it. Glad you're OK.
smile.gif

It's bad enough that most cagers aree that ignorant, but when they start blaming bikers for "hanging around" in their blind spots as an excuse for their ineptitude in highway driving.

Alot of them think they can make up for their lack of masculinity in admitting their faults when driving by aggressively trying to shove others off the roads and blaming them.

Oh well....that's the curse we all have to be ready to accept. If you love bikes, you have to put up with ay-holes. Comes in a package.

sorry to hear. a lot of them class bikes and bicycles in the same  and think they own the road
rock.gif
ID can you translate for me? I dont speak Idahoess  
wink.gif
sorry
laugh.gif
a lot of motorists seem to place bicycles and motorcycles in the same class they think they are the inferior people on the road and that they should yield to cages they believe that there is room to pass in the same lane much like you would pass a slow moving bicycle that is at the edge of the road.

sorry to hear. a lot of them class bikes and bicycles in the same  and think they own the road
rock.gif
ID can you translate for me? I dont speak Idahoess  
wink.gif
sorry  
laugh.gif
 a lot of motorists seem to place bicycles and motorcycles in the same class they think they are the inferior people on the road and that they should yield to cages they believe that there is room to pass in the same lane much like you would pass a slow moving bicycle  that is at the edge of the road.
Thanks ID !

Sounds like you got some skills. I had a similar thing happen to me and I put my size 12 through his right front fender. Just curious though for you Cali riders, do you think that some people may be ignorant and under the impression that beacuse bikes can lane split and share a lane with cagers that they have the right to do it also. I mean whats the diff between you passing them and them passing you? Do you think maybe they can be that stupid? Just curious.:blush:

Back