Almost got hit

A lot of that has been going on and I can imagine what you were saying under the lid. Unfortunately you were not in a big enough vehicle to just ram into him. Dang cagers
mad.gif
!!

Sounds like you got some skills.  I had a similar thing happen to me and I put my size 12 through his right front fender.  Just curious though for you Cali riders, do you think that some people may be ignorant and under the impression that beacuse bikes can lane split and share a lane with cagers that they have the right to do it also.  I mean whats the diff between you passing them and them passing you?  Do you think maybe they can be that stupid?  Just curious.:blush:
That could very well be the case - This is what the CHP manual says

"Lane splitting by motorcycles is permissible under California law but must done in a safe and prudent manner." The text used to also include "The motorcycle should be traveling no more than 10 mph faster than surrounding traffic (without exceeding the speed limit) and not come close enough to that traffic to cause a collision." but has since been removed. Perhaps they wanted to give cops more latitude to interpret what they thought was safe so they removed it.

from http://www.ducatigirl.com/california/dmv_b_roulette.html

But at 70mph, would it be considered safe?

-Ankur

Sounds like you got some skills.  I had a similar thing happen to me and I put my size 12 through his right front fender.  
Through his right front fender? Woah...you're putting yourself in a very dangerous position there...he could just hit the gas and you'd be in some deep sh*t there.

Unless he was stopped with the car parked and/or out of the vehicle. In which case, YEAH!!! That's what I'm talking about!

Back