Almost got nailed tonight........

Spudley

Grippin' and Rippin'
Donating Member
Registered
"Freeway" ?......................

Got off work tonight and left Summerlin down the 215 on my usual wee hours commute home, although I can see a major electrical storm going on over in my part of town, my road is dry  
cool.gif
..........well five minutes later one drop of rain led to the next, and the next thing you know I'm dealing with a major downpour going on.  Water everywhere in very large amounts.  The new Metzlers were tracking nice so I proceeded to push on.  Ya know, keep the balance on center, no playing around kind of stuff.  Man the lightning was amazing, and I'm getting soaked, but I keep on the throttle and figure I've got about fifteen minutes to go.  

Well the lightning was shutting off all the freeway lighting and things were getting pretty dark crossing the I-15 on the Southside of Vegas.  As I crossed under the I-15 there's no one on the freeway except me and a small............................."DOG"
SHOCKED.gif
.  He was all of about a foot high at the head, and two feet long at the most, like a small, dark brown terrier stretched out......  

As I see him light up in the headlights as he crosses my front tire line, he's one "FOOT" from my front wheel crossing me from right to left.  Literally close enough to "TAKE ME OUT".....
wow.gif
I had no time to react, did I mention I was still doing legal freeway speeds, at the time
rock.gif
..........it was just that fast, and he was JUST that close.  As I passed, he rolled out along my direction of travel as he was haulin' @ss along the inside of the fastlane, obviously NOT enjoying the rainstorm OR the lightning, and there was a lot of it.  I immediately look in the rearview to see if anyone's behind me, "nobody".  "Phew".......

I pulled underneath Las Vegas Blvd underpass and get out my phone.  Of course 911 redirects me to NHP and we start talking.  Well I'm looking into the darkness, tellin' them about the spooked canine and all of sudden, "HERE HE COMES"
super.gif
, he's still haulin' @ss.
race.gif
  He just blows right by me and starts out into the lanes.  I'm thinkin' "This is not a good thing", as an SUV passes by from the cloverleaf transition.  Then all I see is him in the SUV's headlights and then....

"BRAKE LIGHTS"........
wink.gif
our little spooked guy is heading for the Las Vegas Blvd / 215 Eastbound onramp.  

From there, "Sports-fans", the rest is left in the very capable hands of our Creator  
bowdown.gif
, just like the one foot gap he gave me to realize that no matter how much gear I wear, sometimes a "Dog's Dumb Luck" is all we need to avoid disaster !!!!!
super.gif

GOD'S DA' MAN !!!!!!!
super.gif
 and.........

BUSA'S ARE DA' MACHINE !!!!!!!

super.gif

super.gif

The little guy was "THAT" close to my new front Metzler. I "swore" I was gonna get at least his tail-end......................."Yessir" I be Blessed....
beerchug.gif

glad you, the dog, and the Busa all made it out ok
beerchug.gif

A Small Dog " Like The One You Described " Took me out in 1990.  I was on a 1986 Ninja 1000.  I flipped over the handlebars.  Broke the Collar Bone. and Split my Helmet.

Remember !!!!  Back then Helmets were NOT REQUIRED.  I just Happened to be Wearing it at the Time.  
SHOCKED.gif
 " Yes I LOVED MY MULLET "  but that's another story.

Because of that Incident and the Fact that My BEST FRIEND died about a Month Later, I STOPPED RIDDING.   17 years Later I am Back on The Saddle Again.  
beerchug.gif

i took out a very large raccon once....shifted my weight to the back and thunk thunk....got lucky ....stayed upright

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 27 2007,21:37) Whoa Spud

I don't know who is luckier, you or the pooch  
beerchug.gif
The answer to that question, Rich, I just DUNNO........

"God was definitely smilin on ol' Spudley last night".......and the pooch too as God knows I'm a lover of canines !!!
wink.gif

(Bosshound @ Aug. 27 2007,21:49) A Small Dog " Like The One You Described " Took me out in 1990.  I was on a 1986 Ninja 1000.  I flipped over the handlebars.  Broke the Collar Bone. and Split my Helmet.

Remember !!!!  Back then Helmets were NOT REQUIRED.  I just Happened to be Wearing it at the Time.  
SHOCKED.gif
 " Yes I LOVED MY MULLET "  but that's another story.

Because of that Incident and the Fact that My BEST FRIEND died about a Month Later, I STOPPED RIDDING.   17 years Later I am Back on The Saddle Again.  
beerchug.gif
In retrospect, if I'd caught the rearend of that dog, I might have lost the front wheel one direction of the other throwing me into a slide.  The 215 was a lake with a 1/4"-3/8" of standing water as the rain was really coming down.  I may have been able to slide it out if I hung on to the controls.......lessening the potential and burning off a lot of the energy.  

On the other hand, I may have just taken his back legs out and kept rolling.  I would then, now, be dealing with the guilt of hurting the little guy.
crazy.gif

"Just don't know"......"Don't care to find out"
super.gif

As for your accident I'm glad, at a point, you got back in the saddle and put to rest the fear !!!
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Back