I humbly ask for your help

It is with great sadness that I read this story. My daughter 12 YO just so happen to be at work with me as I read this story. Her and I will definitely respond and send Lindsay a card. you are a good man. Thanks for helping her out.
E

IDEA: I bought a blue monkey and pink cow...took a pic of them together...I mailed blue monkey (we will call Blue) and a silly card this morning...in a week or so I will mail a another card with pic...and cool cow asking about friend blue monkey...cool cow is traveling right now but will arrive one day to visit Lindsay...in the meen time I can send the cow to org member who can take pics of cow on moto or at work with you.. or whatevers cool ...you can take it a step further buy a stuffed animal(optional) take pic with cool cow...send Lindsay a note withpic and/or animal (maybe one that matches your character) that cool cow visited andis still traveling.....thus would keep a stuffed animal traveling and taking pics with org members and keeping ng pics an cards coming in..in the end we can send cow to cap and he can arrive with it and say look who visited me...and tie everything/one together...I don't know watcha think?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

If this is a good idea. Thus first org member to PM me will get the cow...I will mail monday...cow will have pics of riding on the BUSA at the track on sunday...like I said this is a cool cow....anyway I will mail pics to Lindsay and start a kinda of story line...then will mail cool cow to next member...who can take pics mail to Lindsay and send cow to next member.

Fast08busa will get the cow first. PM him if you want cow next.

What a blessing cap well keep her in our prayers, I want to let you know what a bless an special girl she is to have an ancle like you may the love and kindness of your heart overflows with living water from God and a covering of protection that well always souround her an to express thruoght you and your love ones the love of God.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You guys kill me.... Now I have to have a meeting with my staff because someone walked in and saw tears in my eyes and rolling down my face...

For years we have done all we could to make Lindsay feel at home and part of the family which honestly she is right smack in the middle of. I think that family is important but everyone has family, its just expected that family takes care of family....

You all are doing more than I can, you are outside the family looking in and offering to help when called. We have tried so many things to help her with her depression and lonliness. I am amazed that so many of you have sent PM's or emails and posted here... I know there are many many more not saying a word but that are still mailing a letter as soon as you can...

It is action like this, a group of diverse people working for the good of a common goal that will fix our country... You can make the difference in someone's cruddy day, week or past 9 years just by sending a note.....

How awesome is it to be a part of something that is going to have such a huge effect on a young lady that has so few options.....

Thank you all...

cap

I just saw this and remembered the older post . It was a horrible day for her and your family . my prayers are with her and yours . I will send a note also .

Cap, thats one thing I can say about the amazing group of ppl on this board. I have never experienced more compassion, comradery, and an overwhelming sense of unselfishness than I have being a member here. I like to think that if the tables were turned you people would do the same for me. Ive said it once and ill say it again, were are hayabusa.org and together we are mighty

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

If this is a good idea. Thus first org member to PM me will get the cow...I will mail monday...cow will have pics of riding on the BUSA at the track on sunday...like I said this is a cool cow....anyway I will mail pics to Lindsay and start a kinda of story line...then will mail cool cow to next member...who can take pics mail to Lindsay and send cow to next member.

This is a great idea, dont forget to write down your location so we know where the cows has been traveling to.:thumbsup:

I have been blessed enough to meet Lindsay. She is a very sweet girl and I have enjoyed the few times I have been able to interact with her. I just can’t imagine what it would be like to have my mental faculties but yet be restricted to a body that would not respond to my desires. She handles it much better than I could ever.

Kristi and I will send something this weekend. Maybe we can drop in and see her again soon.

Pics of cow will be mailed to Lyndsay with a note saying hey cool cow visited me and should be visiting you soon...or something to that effect...or you can send pics with a small stuffed animal that is friends with cool cow...the idea is she gets to tract the cow while learning about us and climax would be when cow finally arrives maybe christmas or bday whatever comes first....

Pics of cow will be mailed to Lyndsay with a note saying hey cool cow visited me and should be visiting you soon...or something to that effect...or you can send pics with a small stuffed animal that is friends with cool cow...the idea is she gets to tract the cow while learning about us and climax would be when cow finally arrives maybe christmas or bday whatever comes first....

I like this very much. Glad to be a part of it.

But we need to get Doug to get us a flat Lindsay to travel around with us also. Can you help with that Doug? Please?

You betcha, Doug! I've got the kids this weekend and will tell them about it; they'll love to help out.

And ya know, the next time you have a few .oRg members out there...perhaps she'd be up to meeting a few of us ;) Be nice to say hi to her...

I will get something in the mail for her as soon as I can. You are an amazing person for doing this for her. We can all make a difference :thumbsup:

Holy Smokes!

This post made my dam eyes spring a leak...gotta get that fixed. Though I don't know you Doug, I would be honored to send Lindsay a card & a present. It's hard enough to make friends without these concerns, so I will definitely make the effort to make a much needed difference.:hello:

i suffer from bouts of depression from time to time myself... i cant even imagine how much arder it would be to deal with in her situation, ill see what i can do

Friends, In the 11 years we have had this site I don't think I have ever really asked for a personal request from the forum for anything material. We have asked for your prayers and good wishes on many occasions but I have a need tonight....

Here is a thread that I started just about 9 years ago https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/3429-away-board.html

Here is where I ask you all for a favor, a little time and maybe a few cents..

My neice is very limited in her mobility and she stays home 90% of the time because she is in an electric wheelchair and she has to have someone else control it because of her injuries. She can't talk but knows sign language, her movement is very slow so it takes some time for her to spell out or let us know what she needs. She is normally in a wheel chair or in her hospital bed. My sister gives her physical therapy every day and she is healthy but very broken... Mentally Lindsay is as smart as ever, she remembers everything from her childhood except about 3 months before the accident and the time she was in the hospital and in a COMA. She goes to church all the time, every time the doors are open it's good for her soul and it get's her around people that love and care for her.

Tonight my sister posted on Facebook that Lindsay was very upset and sad today because she said no one knows her and she has been forgotten. While all of her friends have grown up and moved on to college and marriage she still sits at home never really replacing those friends with new ones... It's hard to make friends at home in a wheelchair.

I ask you all, please take a few minutes and help me make a very special young lady feel like she has people that remember her. I ask you to send a note or a card to her... Let her know that you are out there and you will think of her often, let her know that you know her uncle Doug and that he loves her very much..... Just a quick note on a piece of paper to a young lady who in a split second had her life rearranged..... A stamp and a note is all I ask of you, please help me with this....

Here is an address that you can send a letter to...

Lindsay Rogers
PO box 162
Newcastle, Oklahoma 73065

I know it seems insignificant but to a young lady that has no real outside contact.... This could be a huge event for her.......

My goal is to flood her with love and kindness.....

thanks....

Cap......

Great guy you are... is she into any kinds of hobbies?

Back