I humbly ask for your help

Alright doug. She as a lil goodie box coming from me. I got her a card and had my one year old sign it, I wrote her a letter, and since you said she was christian a got her a small necklace that has a cross and a small circle that says faith. Instead of packing peanuts I used some synthetic pink rose pedals and packed the box so tight they will spill out when she opens it. I spent six months flat on my back not being able to move and another six months in a wheel chair so I understand what its like to be stuck in a body that has given up on you and the felling of being forgotten about when nobody visits. I can't even imagine how she feels after nine years. I hope I am able to put a smile on her face. Just do me one favor. If you do wallpaper her walls with the cards we send pin a few of the rose peddles on the wall to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1313791233607.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1313791286865.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1313791387271.jpg

Cap, your makin me cry buddy.
Together We Are Strong!

:poke: now about "flat Lindsay"? i like that idea.:thumbsup: i'd take her for a ride.

count me in doug....your one heck of an uncle.

i want some time with the cow! gonna go on vacation in sept. to lake of the ozarks and branson. it would be cool to take it with to get pics all over missouri. just a thought. pm me if we can work it out. i will be leaving sept 3 and returning home on sept 11. thanks and i cant wait to put a package together for lindsay:cheerleader::cheerleader:

i wish she could text on a phone. then we could all chat with her from time to time.
im sure she will enjoy the attention she will recieve

I stopped by walgreens on the way to work today. I needed some ear plugs and grabbed a card. Its in the trunk of the busa outside right now. It will be in the mail in the morning kind sir.

shes gonna need a bigger po box...

hey doug, does she have a kindle or any kind of book reader? can she push a button to turn page? just an idea. id love to be able to get her some books if this is the case. maybe contribute towards purchase of said kindle.

You guys are awesome........

I spoke with my sister a few minutes ago and asked her if it would be okay for me to put up a post asking for a note from you guys (yeah I know I posted last night) and she said sure.. Lindsay was sitting there in her chair watching TV.. My sister pointed to a couple of cards and some flowers that she had received today from local family and friends... Lindsay looked up and smiled and pointed to them.... I said "Sis I think that there might be a few more cards coming in the mail" she looked at me puzzled and I told her what I had done and that there seemed to be quite an outpouring of kindness from you all... She said how many more? I said "a lot", she said "how many" I said "more than 3"

I told her that there would be notes, cards, home made cards and good wishes coming from afar. My sister was very taken back by it all. She knows how involved my family is on the site and she was extremely thankful to you all for being willing to help out. My sister and neice live right next door to me, we built them a house a few years ago so they would be close but there is only so much her Uncle Doug can do......

As a person I can't imagine the depression and frustion Lindsay has, not being able to do the things she used to do and being so dependant on everything, on top of that not being able to speak..... I cn't fathom the frustration my sister has over it all, she had and still has high hopes for her daughter but its hard....

As I got up to leave my sweet neice looked at me and signed to me THANK YOU, I told her that a lot of people cared for her and there was people from all over going to show her that she maybe limited to the house most of the time but people from all over the country were going to be thinking of her, she smiled...

Now the hard part.... Uncle Doug has to come through on this.......

I asked my sister about flat lindsay being all over he world and lindsay smiled again really big and got excited, my sister looked at her and said absolutely.... So I am going to get about 30 flat Lindsay's made and get them in the mail, we can get pics of Flat Lindsay all over the world and the real fragile Lindsay can live through those papers! We will need pics of course from all of you as you take her all over...

I am going to be getting some sort of site up for Lindsay, maybe a Facebook Fan site or something but a place where you can post a picture and leave a comment....

Thank you all so much for this...

Cap

Last edited:
Can't wait for Lurch to get a flat Lindsay so we can take her out on the town! She'll love Milwaukee! :laugh:
:beerchug:

Headed in to Hallmark now. We are going to the Gulf Coast in the next week or two, would be nice to take her along. If you can email me a copy of the pic I would be most grateful!!

Jbretl@comcast.net

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

On my normal weekend ride off base tomorrow I will pick up something. I am not the best at getting stuff but I will make an attempt :beerchug:

On my normal weekend ride off base tomorrow I will pick up something. I am not the best at getting stuff but I will make an attempt :beerchug:

Russell, send he a note on a piece of paper that says

"Thinking of you Lindsay"

Signed
A US Marine......

Dude thats all she needs...

Doug, please send me a flat Lindsay. My job has me in planes every week just about so I would like to get some pix around the country/world for her :thumbsup:

Can't wait for Lurch to get a flat Lindsay so we can take her out on the town! She'll love Milwaukee! :laugh:
:beerchug:
Yes we will my brother.
Doug when you have Flat Lindsay please send me one and we will get her all over Milwaukee and the State of Wisconsin. As a Matter of fact, we are doing a ride on Sunday the 28th. We are riding the rustic roads in our area so we can all get a patch from the state of Wisconsin. If we have a flat Lindsay by then we can get her a patch also.

I am with MyNewRide. I would pitch in for a Kindle and books for her if she can use one. Please let us know.
I also sent her a friend request with an explanation of who I am on Facebook.

And her first monthly card from me is in the mail now.

Such a sad story for sure. Just glad you are letting us try to brighten her day.

1 more request sir, I have a Guardian Bell for her chair if nobody has sent her one yet. So if anyone has sent one please PM me. Otherwise I will send it out on Monday with a framable printout of the story behind the guardian bell

I can do that but I will send a bit more. My wife is brainstorming with me :laugh:

A challenge coin with the story behind the challenge coin for her.
Only special people get challenge coins and I think she is a special girl who deserves one from a Marine like you.

Just a thought Devil Dog.
Semper Fi

Hey Cap, I am going to take my family camping up in the mountains of arizona labor day weekend, think flat lindsay would like some scenic camping?

well, i havent concreted the plans yet, but im hoping to be going to the alberta side of the canadian rockies (best mountains int he world) at the end of september... i dont know what this flat thing is, but i could get some shots of whatever it is in the mountains

Back