I humbly ask for your help

Doug for all the things you do and continue to do for us here at the org, this is the least we can do. I will be sending a letter. I do have a quick question can she read cursive? im sorry i dont know the particulars but i would like to know that so i can send an appropriate letter she can read! prayers are sent and note soon to follow.

I'll see what I can scrounge up that would be nice to send. I will be frequenting the post office a lot next week so I should be able to drop something nice in for her :beerchug:

Doug for all the things you do and continue to do for us here at the org, this is the least we can do. I will be sending a letter. I do have a quick question can she read cursive? im sorry i dont know the particulars but i would like to know that so i can send an appropriate letter she can read! prayers are sent and note soon to follow.

Yeah she can read cursive, one of the things that makes this so tragic is that menatally she is all there, trapped in a very broken body....

cap

I've got some busa brothers out here on the ship with me and we are going to send a card that everyone's going to sign with a small message and a small package with some things from the ship.

All, this is the power of the org... The oRg is greater than the sum of its parts!

I will get one out this weekend Doug. And I like Warp10's idea of sending her one every month so I will make an alarm on my phone to remind me to send one every month.
A tragic story, but as a family we take care of our own. Thank you for letting us in and allowing us to help. We are family here as you know all to well.
Again thank you Doug for letting us be a part of your family.

Doug,
I would like to send her something more than just a card. Can you tell me what her interests are? What kind of music does she like? What kind of activities did she used to enjoy?

Card will be in the mail tomorrow morning Doug. Hope Lindsay gets to feeling better about everything. :thumbsup:

Doug,
I would like to send her something more than just a card. Can you tell me what her interests are? What kind of music does she like? What kind of activities did she used to enjoy?

See that is really the battle, she loves music but she can't put her own headphones on and she can change a song on her ipod if its just a one button. She can't really do a lot because she just can't move. She can watch tv and listen to music.

It breaks my heart when I think of how she is mentally there but trapped in that broken body. No visitors other than family and she can't get around or move well enough to do much more.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Doug,

Has anyone ever given her a Jig Saw puzzle?

My Brother in Law is in a nearly identical situation physically and mentally due to a stroke. He has a table set up dedicated to Jig Saws. He really enjoys and gets a lot of satisfaction out of working on and completing them. Stimulates his mind, occupies his time and dosen't require quick motor skills.

He isn't able to play cards or board games, but the puzzles offer much the same things and can be worked on solo or together with family sitting around the table. My sister coats them with a product that holds the pieces together when finished, rather than breaking them back up.

pm sent.

:thumbsup: and these will be sent soon.
i'll have my son help write and color them, and my wife send them. :thumbs: pink envelopes!

0819110343.jpg

Doug,

Has anyone ever given her a Jig Saw puzzle?

My Brother in Law is in a nearly identical situation physically and mentally due to a stroke. He has a table set up dedicated to Jig Saws. He really enjoys and gets a lot of satisfaction out of working on and completing them. Stimulates his mind, occupies his time and dosen't require quick motor skills.

He isn't able to play cards or board games, but the puzzles offer much the same things and can be worked on solo or together with family sitting around the table. My sister coats them with a product that holds the pieces together when finished, rather than breaking them back up.

that reminds me of my friend Harold Eugene Marshall (Geno). he was paralised (quad) in a diving accident, and during his "rehab" he painted a chess set with a 6 hair brush held with his teeth. He said it was very rewarding.

sorry to threadjack. i just hadn't thought of my friend Geno for a while. God rest his soul. :angel: He was really Groovy! thanks Pard.

Back