I got hit

There's nothing wrong with considering a civil suit against the driver or the owner of the vehicle, if not the same. Again, where is SoCal are you?

Sorry guys.
I am in Orange County, Tustin to be exact.

I'm considering taking the bike to the local Suzuki authorized dealer for a repair quote.

Thanks again everyone.

My advice is to not post anything further about the particulars of the accident, contact legal help and let them take it from there. Unfortunately, anything you post out here about the accident can be used in court, possibly against you.

All that said, it sounds like you're lucky to be alive. Red light running, IMHO, is one of THE most dangerous things that happens on the roads. Far more likely to result in a fatality than most other types of incidents and that's before accounting for a tiny little motorcycle being involved with huge car, van or truck.

Best of luck with your health and your case. Rootin' for ya!

My advice is to not post anything further about the particulars of the accident, contact legal help and let them take it from there. Unfortunately, anything you post out here about the accident can be used in court, possibly against you.

That is excellent advice...especially here in litigation crazy California.

Thanks again for the good wishes everyone.

This really is a site full of fine folks!

I am going to post a wanted thread up so if you have 1st gen goodies sitin in a box please take a look.

Thanks again everyone!

Sorry for you. I sure hope you get yours out of this but with him not being able to speak any english I would say he didn't even have insurance. Lets hope so. I would not worry about being to harsh. It serves him right. Best of luck

Glad your ok to post here. Now that being said, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE ACCIDENT!! These threads can make their way into your court case and may cause you a head ache later on.

You didn't say if the driver was licensed or insured. If it was a buddy that was loaning the car to the guy that hit you his insurance is on the hook (unless he says the guy didn't have his permission). Also the owner of the car is liable as well, that is why states require liability insurance. I hope you had a friend who took lots of pictures for you. Those can be handy ( When my buddy laid his bike down he was grateful for the 20 pics of the bike and scene. The funny thing is the other riders were appalled that I was snapping pics of the accident until I explained the reasons for the pics.

Good luck

Back