Got hit today

wow.gif

Sounds as though you pulled it off most excellently!
Great job.. and I'm also glad it wasn't any worse...
smile.gif

Very scary!!! Glad you're okay...

I was behind a dump truck years ago, in my car thank goodness...I see one of the rear tires is really bouncing around and before I know it, the entire tire/rim goes flying off the truck and is heading toward me!
wow.gif

You need a new bumper sticker on your bike - "I brake for flying mudflaps"
smile.gif

You were really lucky that it wasn't worse! I have always made it a habit to either speed up and get around trucks as quickly as possible, or else slow way down and back off far enough to hopefully be able to dodge flying rubber, rocks and whatever else that always seems to be flying off those damn trailors!

Good job on staying calm and getting over to the shoulder. I hope I could be that coordinated!

I've been in my car and been behind 1) a plumbing truck that lost some pvc from the carrier rack, and 2) a tow truck that lost the car.. (thank god for forward momentum.. the car dropped, kept going forward and then careened to the right and hit a chain link fence!)

Glad you had a happy ending!
cool.gif

Did you have a 4 leaf clover in your back pocket???
tounge.gif

I was driving through Wisconsin one year in my Mustang, and just as we passed a semi (thankfully at warp speed) I heard a sonic boom and in my rear saw the tread from one of his tires flailing through the air!!! IT'S A UFO! -- Unidentified Freightliner Object
eek2.gif

Imagine if that smoked my windshield, or if in your case it wasn't a mud flap?
wow.gif

Who's up for a group buy of anti-UFO missiles for your busa???
laugh.gif

Just proves anything can happen at any time. I forget whose words of wisdom they are, but I like 'em, "all the gear all the time".
Great job not losing it.

Lamb...ur such a wuss.
tounge.gif
Glad ur ok, man. I wouldn't have a riding partner if your MIA, so becareful.
smile.gif
See ya Sunday

Glad it wasn't any worse! I'd recommend not trying to collect a set... but that's your call.

tounge.gif

Stay safe out there

did the mudflap have the naked chrome chick or yosemite sam with guns drawn saying "back off" on it?

jk, i once had a rig throw about a four foot piece of retread as i passed it that went less than a foot over my head.

Man that could have turned out to be really bad. Glad that you were ok and that you did have your gear on. Imagine how bad it would of been without it.
wow.gif

Glad your ok. Wasnt on a motorcycle but I got hit by a set of drive dulies that seperated from a freightliner and crossed the highway into my front fender. I thought I was going to join elizabeth and fred on that one.

I was thinking the same thing about "back off" on the flaps.

Glad the bike wasnt hurt too.

Did you run em down and get any info?

Back