I got hit in my Neighborhood!!!!!!!!!10-19-08

cipher5791

Registered
My buddy and I were going riding Saturday. We were just going to grab a bite to eat and decided the weather was good and we would ride our bikes. I had just cleaned my bike so I could let the chrome shine on this sunny day. I left my house with my jacket and helmet in tact. It was alittle chilly so I decided to head back to the house and get my liner for my jacket. I told my buddy I was going to get my liner and I would be back. He lives like 13 houses down from me on the same side. I took the right turn to head back to my house and was behind a black buick century. The car vered to the left like it was getting ready to pull to the curve on the left side. I kept going towards the right like I have done several times. I saw the car coming but it was too late. The lady was turning into a narrow driveway so she turned out to avoid tires popping the curve. Instead she popped my dumb butt. :rulez:
She hit the bike right in the radiator and left header pipe. I went rolling off onto the ground. The damage to the bike is not that bad when you think about it. My left fairing is smashed. The fairing stay bent on the left side. My clutch leaver broke. I just recieved light scratches on other parts. My radiator is bent pretty bad. The left header pipe is dented. I did start the bike up and let it get up in temp. The radiator did leak in small drops like one per 15 seconds. The fan never came on but I think that it is due to the leak.
The lady that hit me was very sympathetic. I was able to load the bike on my buddys trailer and take it home. :banghead:

here are the pics of the damage.

SD530074.JPG

SD530075.JPG

SD530077.JPG

SD530076.JPG

SD530080.JPG

SD530081.JPG

Gald your ok. I got rear ended last week on a residential street. I was in my company truck, but not in the truck when he hit it. Never slowed down. Be careful guys.

Dude...what a drag. I'm so sorry to see this.

Glad to hear you made it through without major injury.

I love that color combo on your bike, too. Let us know if there's some way we can help get her back together.

:beerchug:

Thanks to all you guys who responded with your woes. I am ready to get her back on the road now. Need a radiator, left fairing, and windshield.:bowdown:

Oh crap, this is the bike I just complimented you on as a new arrival this monring! Gotta break your heart I know it would mine!

Oh, I know you were just sick :( I'm glad you're OK...hopefully she got a driver's award?!

Thanks to all of you guys and gals. I just about have her back together now. I probably won't paint her until the 1st of the year.:laugh:

Back