Got hit today

Lamb busa

50 warming to 70 again
Donating Member
Registered
I'm on my way to the gym a couple hours ago, when out of the corner of my eye I spot something.  Was it flying???...It's dark outside and I had just jumped on the freeway.  I'm going 2 exits and getting off(2 miles).  I'm merging in behind a flat bed truck in the #4 lane.  There is a semi in the #3 lane and they're cruising at a good 60-65.  This is when I spotted something...It was reflected or a black cape or a flap from a truck..I'm paying attention, mind you,  I'm looking for it again...and BOOM!  I'm blinded by something and 1/2 ripped off the bike.  My left arm is pulled from the bike and there is a fairly heavy black object(turns out to be a mudflap) square across my torso and head.  This thing couldn't have hit me more square in the body and head if someone had placed it there. I have a few seconds of road memory, allowing me to slow down and get over while flailing at the mud flap after I get my balance back.  I don't know how it didn't just pull me right off the bike. I do get to the shoulder of the road, thankfully.  Half blind, adrenalin flying through my body and a big load in my pants, I look down at the freightliner mud flap and I think...Thank god that I ride with my gear on.   That thing hit me square in the head.  It completely missed the bike and hit ME.
    I'm still shaking a little.  That is as close as I've been to an out of control situation on a bike.  My Arai is unscratched and the bike wasn't touched.  I got lucky tonight!
    Lamb out!

wow.gif
glad ya came out as good as ya did

How was the workout?

Glad to hear it turned out ok. I hate riding behind/near big rigs. The wind plays hell with me and in the past 2 months while in my cage i have seen two diffrent trucks blow tires sending rubber everywhere. thank good i mostly commute in my "beater". Way to keep a cool head and not make it worse off.

Glad it didn't turn out any worse
cool.gif
Good job not paniking
wink.gif

Very happy you were OK!

Remind me to tell you about the time I hit a roll of sod that fell of a truck. In a corner.
wow.gif

Stoopid trucks.

Thanks guys! Even when paying attention, the unexpected can still rear its ugly head.
Scooter, that roll of sod would have provided a nice soft place to land HAHAHAHA:D

Back