I bought a tank...

Slowstang305

Registered
Ended up selling the Vette I had just because I was losing some garage space and needed to cash out a bit for other reasons. Looked around for something else that was interesting and found the tank up in GA. Flew up with my brother and picked it up. Definitely a different ride than a sports car but a lot of fun nonetheless. It comes with a ton of extras including a gopro mount inside the front light bar. May be having a midlife crises in my 30s but so far loving it. Yes, its also manual as I'm still capable of driving one LOL
IMG_6763.jpeg

Tanks have tracks, but you could call it a Stomper. Do you remember Stompers ?
Just a little before my time. Previous owner named it the "SMURF," I was thinking of sticking to that or KONG. If it had green accents it would be GodZILLA.

Definitely looks tankish! I'm sure it's fun...I couldn't give up having a sports car, not yet anyway...

So, just how much will those replacement tires be? I'm sweatin' buying new ones for my 370Z already, but looking at yours I'm thinking I may get off cheaper with my mid-life decisions :laugh:

Definitely looks tankish! I'm sure it's fun...I couldn't give up having a sports car, not yet anyway...

So, just how much will those replacement tires be? I'm sweatin' buying new ones for my 370Z already, but looking at yours I'm thinking I may get off cheaper with my mid-life decisions :laugh:
Oh trust me it was hard letting go of 640whp but a plastic corvette is not a car I would want to sit in 100 degree FL heat LOL

Tires are probably 460ish but should last 50k miles easy. I was changing tires sub 10k miles on the Vette at $400 a pop. Just a heads up, look into https://www.bbwheelsonline.com/ as they sometimes have good sales. Also tirerack.com clearances out old stock once in a while and you can literally steal tires! Discounttire has $100 off coupons all the time on ebay if you keep an eye on their page. Also Discounttiredirect is also negotiable if you go through their chat feature and will beat anyones advertised price!

Oh trust me it was hard letting go of 640whp but a plastic corvette is not a car I would want to sit in 100 degree FL heat LOL

Tires are probably 460ish but should last 50k miles easy. I was changing tires sub 10k miles on the Vette at $400 a pop. Just a heads up, look into https://www.bbwheelsonline.com/ as they sometimes have good sales. Also tirerack.com clearances out old stock once in a while and you can literally steal tires! Discounttire has $100 off coupons all the time on ebay if you keep an eye on their page. Also Discounttiredirect is also negotiable if you go through their chat feature and will beat anyones advertised price!

I've used tirerack.com for my Mustang tires in the past; never had a complaint about them at all. I really REALLY love the handling of my Z now, so I'm almost afraid to stray from the stock tires. Nissan says to expect about 15K out of a set. I'm at 13,500 now and realizing this is an expensive toy.

You'll have a blast with that though. Very different than a 'Vette!

I've used tirerack.com for my Mustang tires in the past; never had a complaint about them at all. I really REALLY love the handling of my Z now, so I'm almost afraid to stray from the stock tires. Nissan says to expect about 15K out of a set. I'm at 13,500 now and realizing this is an expensive toy.

You'll have a blast with that though. Very different than a 'Vette!
Definitely! Post some pics of the 370 always been a fan. I almost purchased a 350z back in the day. I did not like the convertible version too much...

Oh and finally, you know what JEEP stands for right? Just Empty Every Pocket....
On a good note it looks like a previous owner hit the quadratec catalog hard so you don't have to!
All jokes aside it's definitely different from the Vette, I hope you enjoy. I had a CJ a few years back, loved it for trail cruising.

Ended up selling the Vette I had just because I was losing some garage space and needed to cash out a bit for other reasons. Looked around for something else that was interesting and found the tank up in GA. Flew up with my brother and picked it up. Definitely a different ride than a sports car but a lot of fun nonetheless. It comes with a ton of extras including a gopro mount inside the front light bar. May be having a midlife crises in my 30s but so far loving it. Yes, its also manual as I'm still capable of driving one LOL
View attachment 1588966
Nice toy!! My friend has one and we take off road often! They are not exciting on the road, but a ton of fun off-road.

Oh and finally, you know what JEEP stands for right? Just Empty Every Pocket....
On a good note it looks like a previous owner hit the quadratec catalog hard so you don't have to!
All jokes aside it's definitely different from the Vette, I hope you enjoy. I had a CJ a few years back, loved it for trail cruising.
Bro trust me the guy went all out. It was built by Fox Racing at their headquarters so the suspension is dialed in. Baer Brakes etc. Big $ build. It's definitely not my first choice of color ( I've never owned a non black car) lol but I settled.

Nice toy!! My friend has one and we take off road often! They are not exciting on the road, but a ton of fun off-road.
Yeah had an 09 before as well on small trails usually. South Florida sucks for this sort of thing since its just mud for us. No mountains nothing except the local landfill LOL

Back