Need a gas tank

wingman1100

Registered
Hi all,

I recently noticed a small pucker mark on the tank bra of my 2000 Busa which looked very odd to say the least. After looking under the bra I found the a bubble in the paint approximately the size of a quarter. Not being known for letting sleeping dogs lie I stated to poke a bit and the bubble opened up to show an area under the paint that had some previous body work repair.

HHHMMMMM!!!! WTF!! :banghead:

I bought my Busa used, researched the model and checked out the owner. Obtained the Ontario used vehicle package which showed it was clean of any accidents, any accidents claimed under insurance that is!

So now I have a small hole in my gas tank that is leaking when filling up, not to mention the safety hazard of having fumes leak out of the tank.

I have been shopping on ebay without any luck at all to find a replacement tank as I don't feel comfortable having it fixed and repainted. My Busa is a 2000 blue and silver model. I believe the earlier models had the fuel pump mounted externally and the later models had it inside the tank, correct me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone have a tank or a connection to a gas tank that I could purchase?? :whistle:

It needs to be in great shape, no rust inside or no trips down the freeway on its side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have one that has a very small rock chip by the filler but other then that looks great. And it's even the right color. I'll have to find my other pictures or can take new ones this weekend if you're interested. Make me an offer. :beerchug:

busa15.JPG

hmm isnt there a "color changing" tank for sale here somewhere?

I have a purple/Black tank I had bought for when I was to get my custom paint job, however the economy screwed me outta that. Yours if you want it, Just pay shipping. Not immaculate condition but pretty good condition.

I have a purple/Black tank I had bought for when I was to get my custom paint job, however the economy screwed me outta that. Yours if you want it, Just pay shipping. Not immaculate condition but pretty good condition.
wow very cool offer... :bowdown:

Back