I bought a tank...

Seems to be either 20-somethings (and just how do you afford it son?!) or yeah, bit older crowd...not me, that's for sure! I can't afford one :laugh:
The good thing about America is that everyone is living on credit LOL I have a friend paying $1400 a month for his Vette. Makes no sense to me.

Constantly Having Every Vehicle Recalled Over Lousy Engineering Techniques

Lol, true.
I work in QC in the auto supplier industry.
Directly with engineering, who work with GM and other mfg's on a regular basis. One of whom worked for GM in Detroit for many years.
They all say the same thing; that GM wins JD Power and Associates awards repeatedly for great vehicles. Great vehicles that are first runs on the production lines...and subject to much more QC tests than normal...to make sure they look good. After that's done, it's back to business as usual, much less quality checks and poorer quality vehicles.
Aside from GM's trucks, truck based suv's, and Corvette, the rest of their line up are pretty much throw away vehicles. As when they break, most aren't worth fixing. Just look at what non truck and Vette GM's with some age and mileage are left on the road.
Not many, based on percentage of new sold.
It's not just GM either, they just happen to be at the top...they have to win at something, lol.

On the subject of tires,have 86,000 miles on my Jeep's Yokohama Geolanders and still have more to go_Only freeway commuting to work but never thought I'd see 90,000 miles out of a set of tires.
I didn’t think this was possible, until a coworker came in bitching about having to get a set of tires for his wife’s Ford Escape. I asked him what mileage it had and he replied with: 90+k. I said, “I mean on the tires, not the car”. That’s when he told me he had never replaced them.

With the exception of their motors, I don't disagree. GM V8's are hard to beat in terms of aftermarket support and versatility.

I'm not a GM fan, I'm a Toyota and Ford guy.
I hate to admit just how good a GM V8 is, and it is amazing how much dependable hp they can squeeze out of a pushrod small block, and turn it up and down dramatically with electronics.

My Eurotrash 04 Land Rover Discovery 2 has been out of comission going on a year and a half now(I did say trash, right, but for some strange reason, I still like it). I fix 2 things, and 3 others break.
Point is...I've been driving my father-in-laws 87 Suburban, 350 AT ever since.
He bought it new, and it now has 273k miles on it. I almost hate to admit how great a vehicle it is.

I didn’t think this was possible, until a coworker came in bitching about having to get a set of tires for his wife’s Ford Escape. I asked him what mileage it had and he replied with: 90+k. I said, “I mean on the tires, not the car”. That’s when he told me he had never replaced them.

lol, some friends and I have gotten 80k+ out of BFG AT's, multiple sets.
Some tires last, and depending on the vehicle, it's weight, and your driving style and conditions, you can be really amazed at just how good some are.

I'm not a GM fan, I'm a Toyota and Ford guy.
I hate to admit just how good a GM V8 is, and it is amazing how much dependable hp they can squeeze out of a pushrod small block, and turn it up and down dramatically with electronics.

My Eurotrash 04 Land Rover Discovery 2 has been out of comission going on a year and a half now(I did say trash, right, but for some strange reason, I still like it). I fix 2 things, and 3 others break.
Point is...I've been driving my father-in-laws 87 Suburban, 350 AT ever since.
He bought it new, and it now has 273k miles on it. I almost hate to admit how great a vehicle it is.
I'm British, and Disco's are trash indeed...
You're right, GM trucks (and truck based SUVs by extension) are great, everything else is meh. The ecotec is a perfect example of how they get it wrong. Great idea, piss poor execution.

lol, some friends and I have gotten 80k+ out of BFG AT's, multiple sets.
Some tires last, and depending on the vehicle, it's weight, and your driving style and conditions, you can be really amazed at just how good some are.
All terrains with all that “meat”, yes. There are shops around here that even offer to “retread” them or cut new grooves in them, but a little passenger vehicle tire(?), I’d never seen.

Last edited:
All terrains with all that “meat”, yes. There is shops around here that even offer “retread” them or cut new grooves in them, but a little passenger vehicle tire(?), I’d never seen.

Yeah, some car tires too.
Alot of variables as well.
Climate, daily driving habits, psi maintained and tires rotated when scheduled, ect., but I've seen 75k and 80k miles on a set of tires on some small, stock Japanese cars.
I agree though, hard to belive.

I wanted a Range Rover really bad actually but everyone told me to avoid them like the plague. Discovery was a hit or miss in terms of reliability.

Just bought an 05 Yukon Slt for $2300 with 202k miles. Drives like it has 20k. Can’t even hear it idling. 5.3 V8. It does like the gas though. 15 mpg

Speaking of longevity, my older brother has a '95 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 5.9 and he has well over 400,000kms on it, it runs and drives very well.
He also has a '79 BMW RT with something like 500,000 miles on it and he would get on it and drive anywhere tomorrow-it's that reliable...

My neighbour has an '03 Dodge 1500 with well over 500,000kms on it and it seems to go just fine, the rust is taking over though.

MITSUBISHI . . .
Mechanics Invariably Touch Stuff Under Bonnets Ignoring Specific Handbook Instructions.

DUCATI . . .
Do You Care At The Impact?

HONDA . . .
Hop On No Damned Acceleration

Just bought an 05 Yukon Slt for $2300 with 202k miles. Drives like it has 20k. Can’t even hear it idling. 5.3 V8. It does like the gas though. 15 mpg
Unbreakable. Fuel pump usually dies at 100k miles and then again at 200k miles something to watch for. Pretty easy to do on this truck. I has an 02 Escalade. Bought it at 70k miles and sold it at 140k. Love these trucks!

Back