I think I bought a Hayabusa

Glad to hear Droo. Nice looking bike. Happy to see she finally has a home that she'll be well taken care of. Hope you enjoy it.

Ahh...so you were really trying to help us develop a thirst for the amount of brewski's were going to go through listening to you tell this story....clever...crude, but none-the-less...

glad you didnt have to go out and commit hate crimes over getting screwed on a bike buy. Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

I highly recommend you do not buy this bike. Too many other good deals out there and this has "PROBLEMS NOW AND DOWN THE ROAD" written all over it. ???

Short...

Everything is fine.

034.jpg

What we don't see is the tow truck that he's sitting on top of. Just joking! Good to see that you got what you want.

Nice Bike Droo congrats... I wanted the "some good some bad" story though. Oh well maybee another day.

She bucks a little when in 2nd and 3rd around 3-4k. Might be me, not the bike. No throttle response problems though. Took the gas tank off today and looked inside. Still some discoloration of rust inside, but when wiped, nothing comes off. It's pitted a bit too. Took the fuel pump assembly out and it had some corrosion on it. I cleaned it off best I could with some sandpaper and cleaned it all off with compressed air. Cleaned out the fuel lines, they were clear of everything. No gummy, varnish, or debris. Changed the plugs, oil, and oil filter. PLugs had some carbon around them and looked normal for 4,000 miles. Oil was changed when I got it a few weeks ago, as the oil still looked decent. But I thought maybe there would be stuff floating in it after sitting as long as it did, even with a recent oil change. There weren't any floaties or debris in the oil. It didn't smell like fuel either.

After putting it all back together, she seemed to like my mini tune up. Took her around the block a few times and she was fine. I still would like to eventually replace the tank and fuel pump assy, but that will have to be during the winter. For now, I'm gonna keep a good eye on the inside of the tank and keep her filled to the top with fuel.

At this point, I need to replace the upper triple clamp and triple as they are scratched and damaged. Fed-ex dropped off my ebay upper triple as I was changing the plugs. The guy had a smile on his face and said "like to go fast, do ya?"

BTW, anyone near Cleveland Ohio want to help me replace the upper triple and triple clamp? I've worked on general maintenance stuff on bikes, but never suspension stuff. I'll provide a case of beer, ability to learn, and a positive attitude.

Last edited:
Back