I almost died today.

Count your blessings. I had a oldsmobile ciera lose a wheel and hit me.. Broke my bike and my exhaust clean off and I didnt wreck. My freind hit a dear the same week on his ZX-6r at 90mph and just bent his rim and broke his front fender.

impeccable bike control.

I slam on my brakes and lock the rear up.
It appears impeccable bike control may be a figment of your imagination?

You are damn lucky you didn't highside your ass into the ajoining lane and end up pancake flat by a simi!

Same situation happened here locally when the bloke locked the rear tire while heavy on the front brake, let go of the rear brake, tire grabbed traction and tossed him under a simi in the ajoining lane between the truck and trailer. The trailer tires ran over the poor guys head. Yes, he was wearing a helmet and yes it was as flat as a pizza as well. Took all of two seconds from the time he touched the rear brake until he was grave yard dead. That's not the end of the story. The trucker never had a clue he had just killed a biker. The State Patrol had to stop the truck some twenty miles down the freeway to give him the bad news.

Glad you pulled that one off my friend and very glad you weren't road pizza but that was a "Squidly Move"!

Thank God u are okay man. I hate reading about bad situations in newspapers. Good on u. God was watching over u today
bowdown.gif

I, too, learned much from the dirt. I used to race motocross when I was 12. But you learn about the real origins of traction control/bike control. When I feel the rear step out a bit, that really doesn't put me into too much of a panic. Some ppl scoff at the idea that you can't translate dirt skills onto street survival, but, look at most AMA, WSBK, and GP racers. Most got their start in the dirt (dirt tracking, motocross, supermotard) and some still religiously practice in the dirt.

Good save bro.

Proper application of the front and rear brake would have had you stopped in a jiffy... No stunt manuevers necessary.

I know this is a old post but I thought the reason you don't let go of the rear when it locks (especially when it's kicked out) is to avoid it regaining trac and throwing the bike into a slapper? MSF classes teach this.

Damn, I am real sorry that you made it through. I wish you could had felt the sudden impact of your bike colliding into the wreaked car ahead and felt as your bike fold up. Damn, I am sorry that you made it. I will pray next time that you don't get out that situation. You are not a bad mofo....you are ignorant mofo.

Opps...sorry....I don't know what got into me. I am glad that you made it through. Sorry....LOL

I don't know how you can be the best rider ever. When it is widely excepted that Busaman5000 is the Best rider in the universe. I have a Trophy to prove it.
firedevil.gif

Glad you are OK.

1. A great rider would not have had to lock up the rear because you are always looking 1.5 miles ahead of you.
2. A great rider looks for excape alternatives always.
3. A great rider never bragsabout not having an accident, there is always another lurking around the next bend.
4. Once you think you are that good ( I have 39 years of riding and racing and never thing I am so good and don't talk about it)that is when you will have a serious accident.

Now all that being said we are all happy that you were not hurt.
bowdown.gif

Aeight.. Ive been in many hot sichiations in my years of riding. I rode dirt before street so i learned impeccable bike control.

Today i was riding down the hwy at the speed of traffic (thankfully a little faster) about 70-85mph. I was in the fast lane and there was cars all around me but none in front. I look up to see theres a fresh 2 car wreck and im going just a little too fast to stop or switch lanes. There is also a car on my tail.

I slam on my brakes and lock the rear up. The rear slides out and i let off and go into a sight wobble, still trying to keep the bike from fliping over. I kept control cause im a bad mo-fo but i had NOWHERE TO GO so i squeezed the bike through the guardrail and the 2 wrecked cars at bout 25 mph. I looked back to see the car behind me stop JUST short of rear ending the wrecked cars. If i had lost it i would have been killed. Thank goodness im such a solid rider cause nothing makes me sweat.
peace.gif
You are definitely NOT the best rider ever.

Back