I almost died today.

mikev7

Registered
Aeight.. Ive been in many hot sichiations in my years of riding. I rode dirt before street so i learned impeccable bike control.

Today i was riding down the hwy at the speed of traffic (thankfully a little faster) about 70-85mph. I was in the fast lane and there was cars all around me but none in front. I look up to see theres a fresh 2 car wreck and im going just a little too fast to stop or switch lanes. There is also a car on my tail.

I slam on my brakes and lock the rear up. The rear slides out and i let off and go into a sight wobble, still trying to keep the bike from fliping over. I kept control cause im a bad mo-fo but i had NOWHERE TO GO so i squeezed the bike through the guardrail and the 2 wrecked cars at bout 25 mph. I looked back to see the car behind me stop JUST short of rear ending the wrecked cars. If i had lost it i would have been killed. Thank goodness im such a solid rider cause nothing makes me sweat.
peace.gif

dang man! i really hate that feeling you get when the you lock up the rear and it starts sliding out. i almost rearended a car once on a 78 kawi ltd1000 coming home from work. it's not fun! i'm glad you didn't have an incident and have good riding skillz!!!

Glad you made it out bro...
You should leave a little more reaction time in front of you for stuff like that.Also, NEVER lock the rear up!!

I wanted to stop and ask the people how cool i looked sliding up to the wreck sideways with all the smoke and then me flying past them through a space just big enough for my mirror to aviod hitting the cars morror. All i saw is 3 upset looking people look at me like i was dead right before i made my slick move.

I think your more of a LUCKY MO-FO !!!  Glad you made it ok.  Now Go Change your Shorts !!!!!
corner2.png

Confidence touched with a bit of arrogance is not a bad thing. I love it!

Still, be careful out there. You're not indestructible!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Oh lord its hard to be humble when your perfect in every way. I cant wait to look in the mirror because I get better lookin each day. To know me is to love me, I must be one hellofa guy.

Back