I almost died today....

If you quit using the road (car or bike) because of close calls, then soon you will have no way to get to the things that you do enjoy. Some food for thought.:moon::laugh:

Your gonna sell it for a flat tire and little self control? **** happens, move on.

What kind of gear were you in? Helmet, leathers?

A strait line get off in full gear would not be that bad.

I had a few pucker moments when I first started riding it motivated me to do two things.

1. Invest in a 1 piece riding suit
2. Keep most of my tom foolery on the track.

If I’m riding I'm usually in my leathers. I don't mind being the weirdo dressed up as a power ranger. The piece of mind it gives me is worth it.

Good luck in your decision.

glad all went ok...

and i like when people come here and tell thier stories like this because to me its a heads up in learning what can happen and to be somewhat prepared if it happens to me..

i was always told when you fall off your bicycle to get back on and learn from your experiance...keep the bike...

and now i plan on getting the tire monitor system...

hope to see you a this years haya in the hills...

So glad your ok. Had a flat on a Suzuki 250 in the 70s and it's no joke, really scared me. I was a dispatch rider at the time so had no choice but to get back on a bike. What about tyre sealant I've got Ride On but I haven't put it in the tyres yet, was going to do in a few weeks ago but didn't get round to it but after reading your post I'm going to do it this weekend. At least if you did this it would give you some peace of mind, just check your tyres to see if you have if you have had a puncture and it has been sealed. Good luck in the future to you and your family.

Glad all turned out ok , as said sell the bike / sell the car and you will possibly get run over waiting for a bus , :beerchug:

Stef said, "Apparently its not your time. It's your time to stay here and take care of me. It scares me, but I don't want you to sell that bike. I know you love it."

-keeper.:whistle:

i hope you bought a BIG ring.

Things happen, it's the risk we take(no matter how you ride). I've had 2 rear tires blow at low speeds, and my share of close calls at high speeds. That's part of riding. You know the likely outcome of a 130mph crash before you go that fast, regardless as to what caused it.
If you're shaken up, thank GOD you're ok...and go riding. If you've lost your nerve and will forever be worrying "oh no, what if?!" on every ride, then you're done. You will have lost your focus and be endangering yourself and others more.
Riding and controling the bike needs to be second nature, your eyes need to be as far up the road as possible, catching everything in between. Your brain should continuously and almost subconciously be planning an exit strategy for as many bad "what ifs?" as possible...Without Worrying! Just being prepared for the unexpected, and realizing in many situations, if something happens you simply have no place to go and have to suffer the consequences.
I do the above, ride within my abilities, and most importantly have faith that GOD will take care of me. Life is so great without worry!:beerchug:

I think.this warrants another picture of your gf, rashad.

J/k :) glad youre ok. Had a similar instance happen long ago. Didnt get to the gravel tho, thk God. Had to pull over, sit down, and calm down. It was scary.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh My Goodness! So you had a flat tire and it got your attention. Zip up your clit, put a new tire on that fat heifer, throw a leg over the seat and go have fun. It's not the end of the world nor was it a near death experience.

Your biggest threat was a car running you over if you fell and that's not likely to happen. More embrassing would have been the loss of your jeans leaving you barrassed in front of the gathering crowd. Even that, if your plumbing is impressive "BE PROUD"! :thumbsup:

Like others have mentioned.. when its your time its your time... and apparently it's not now. Ride on and enjoy life to its fullest!

at first I thouht this was a song from the Cutting Crew (nobody got that)...

if I had a dime everytime someone told me motorcycles are dangerous, well, I'd have a BigMac and a Jamba Juice strawberry/banana smoothie, and 30 cents left...

The truth is, life is short, and we owe it to ourselves to do whatever it is we enjoy. I somewhat feel sorry for are those who go through life not taking that step forward and doing whatever it is that appeals to them, weather that be:
Motorcycling
Traveling
Making that intimidating home purchase
Asking that pretty girl on a date
Or anything else

at the age of many people here, life is at (or near) half over. Go for what you enjoy!

After my last wreck I briefly thought about hanging it up and all I could think about was laying in a bed in my 70's dying of cancer thinking man I could have been riding this whole time. I might as well live while I am alive.

Wow, Im glad ya made it out of that. One good thing that did come out of it is you now know thats your insticts to keep ya alive are really good. :thumbsup:

Back