How to get out of a speeding ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sickandtwisted @ Feb. 20 2007,08:31) Oh and to the guy that wants to call me a liar. I have plenty of witnesses.
So, Sorry!

I thought I made it clear when I typed "maybe" a pathological liar.

Your claim is a bit...............outlandish. Put yourself in another's shoes and try to imagine the believeability of your story. Maybe it is just so childish of an act that some may find it a little on the fantastical side. Furthermore, any proof you offer up in regards to giving the LEO the finger then rolling on the throttle (especially as you elude to doing this on numerous occasions) would be little more than hear-say. Given that you site eye wittnesses who have knowledge of your identity, that would be foolish to offer up printed truth to your guilt.

Why even do this type of act to law enforcement officers? They are just out there doing what they are paid to do, which would include protecting you from yourself and protecting others from you!

Peace
smile.gif

(Sickandtwisted @ Feb. 20 2007,08:31) I will take your comments to heart and give this topic some thought.

I may start pulling over...even if I don't like the consequences.

I got it. I see your point(s) of view.

Bottom line, I won't bring up the topic again. I just wanted to know where everyone stood on this. I guess I got my answer.  
rant.gif
When I first read this post, I figured you were just a troll stirring the pot.  I wasn't even going to post in the thread, then I changed my mind.

I hope you do take it to heart.  Everyone here speeds.  But keep the excessive speeds and stunting out in the boonies where you can't endanger anyone else or their property.  Excessive speeding and stunting in the city or in traffic is reckless and endangers others around you.

Trackdays and/or drag strips are cheaper in the long run, safer, and legal.

Mr. Sickand twisted, you are on your way to an educational nightmare that will haunt you for as long as you live (Which with this conduct could be short). One of two things apply here, you are either as dense as a hemlock stump or you are unaware of the consequencies of your actions? I think it's probably the latter?

I see you are a Washington resident? Here in good ole democratic controlled Washington State, running from the cops is called "Felony Evation". When they catch you (And eventually they will) you will be gang tackled off your bike, your face stuffed in the dirt, handcuffed and tossed into the backseat of a crown victoria. Your bike will be towed and impounded. You will be charged with a felony along with a number of other infraction you may have commited along the way.

This act of defiance you have so blatently rubbed into the faces of those who pursue you will be taken very seriously as you will learn by the $10K minimum you will pay between attorney fees and fines. As well, this charge also carries a mandatory jail sentence.

After you have donated months of your income to the judicial system, served your jail time, don't take a deep breath because it's not over yet? Now you are required to carry SR22 insurance for the next three years. This will raise your insurance premiums somewhere between one and five thousand dollars annually (If you can find an insurance company that will insure you). Okay now I've worked another 30 days of each of the next three years to pay for my SR22 insurance. It's finally over!

Nope, not yet!
You now have lost your voting priviledges for life. Nope, can't vote, you are a felon!
You also must remove any and all fire arms from your home, car, possession, Can't own or have a fire arm in your possession for the rest of your life! You are now a convicted felon!
Jobs? If you ever find yourself in a position to apply for a job, especially a public job, unless it's flipping burgers, you'll get a background check and bingo (He's a Felon), there goes your chance at that better paying, more responsibility job you've wanted for the past three years and your co-worker who is less qualified will now be your boss.

Are you feeling better now about running? Well, it can get worse! Yep, lots worse! The cops have a name for guys like you, call them ORGAN DONERS!

I have 23 year old friend who had your attitude exactly. Didn't think he would ever get caught. Great rider and fast bike. Well he did evade them eleven times but on number 12 the State Patrol got him cornered and there was no way out. He went through this entire senerio and now he says he will never run again under any circumstances! By the way, he is paying $600 a month for insurance. He is a wise man!

Sickandtwisted,

Ghost here. Yes, it's me, your conscience. I'm back. I bet I'm the last person that you expected to hear from today.

Remember this "You can run but you can't hide!"  You can't ever hide from me!
bluegrab.gif

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you put a "?" in this post title because you're seeking guidance. You know that doesn't take "guts" to run, right? It takes "guts" to pull over and take the consequences of your actions! That's what a Man does.

I know everything about you. I know where you live. I know your Mothers name. I even know what age you were when you stopped wetting the bed. The best part about this is that you know it's true.

So, the way I see it....I can and will stop you from running.

We can do this one of two ways.

1. You just start pulling over for the red and blue lights.

or

2. I'll be there when you're done running and you will have to deal with me!

If you don't want to pull over, then don't give the police a reason to turn on their lights.

If you think that you can take option 2, if someone gets hurt or killed, then you'd better think again. If you have to deal with me and you've spilled blood, it won't be a pretty sight.

I'm much sicker than you and I'm far more twisted.

Am I making myself clear?  

You know I'll ride with you anytime.

The running days are over!

firedevil.gif

well I will just say running is a bad idea, 70% of runners crash, then it is easy to catch...but here is something else to think about.. It is more money but something we can do in Idaho:

I got a speeding ticket back on October 5th and my court date just came up today. Per previous advice posted by SVbmudssa, I asked for the ticket to be changed to a tail-light violation. The prosecutor said she could not do that but did offer to dismiss the ticket with a "Bond Forfeiture" (this was also previously noted by SVbmudssa).
The Bond Forfeiture cost me $172.50 which was $100 plus court costs. The ticket was only $62 but I'll definitely come out ahead by not having a speeding ticket on my record for three years and getting abused in the form of insurance premiums.

A single financial hit now is much better than being bled for three years.

I have to tell you that this thread really pisses me off. I am 37 years old and have been riding for 21 years. I have had my share of tickets both on two wheels and four.

Somebody mentioned it already, but we, as sport bike riders, have a bad reputation as it is. Mindsets like this just facilitate that reputation. I hope that you, (whoever started this thread) stay lucky. Most times a high speed chase results in someone getting hurt.

rant.gif

Ghost,  
eek2.gif

You're right. You are the last person that I thought that I would hear from in this forum! You're also the only person that could have stopped me! I've read and re-read your response. I have taken what you said to heart and I will no longer seek to avoid my consequences. Owning a gun doesn't mean that you have to pull the trigger and owning a Hayabusa doesn't mean that you have to outrun the cops. I get it. Ok? I get it. I'm done. I read a lot of responses in this forum that make sense. I can go out  away from town and have fun and yes, if the red and blues come on out there, I will pull over and pay the piper. I know that you stand as much to lose, from my death or a death that I might cause as, I do. You win!

bowdown.gif

Sickandtwisted,

Good.

End of discussion.

No one needs to continue beating him up.

He understands. He won't be running. You have my word on it!

just pull over. like sunday when i got stopped by CHP again for going 80+ on the HWY on ramp. he just told me to slow down.
super.gif
thats the 5th time i have been let go with no ticket
firedevil.gif

Well looks like all is good Sickandtwisted listened to his friend Ghost, people got their feelings on the table, lots of good points made. nothing else really needs to be said. going to close this topic to prevent someone from making it go south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back