How to get out of a speeding ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
your a f**kin idiot.... call foul on me if you like admins but I hope when he winds up in a full body cast or ruin some innocent civilians life with your total neglect for public safety you look back on THIS particular POST and think to yourself, "Self, I am an idiot, and I should have grown up a long time ago.". where do you live anyway?

In case you cant tell from the responses you have been getting, most everyone here are mature and responsible and look for ways to become a more safe rider. we have our hellions but even they dont come on here promoting the practice of running from the police. you will find that the members of this forum are nothing short of brilliant and will give you the shirts off their backs so dont come on here treating them like members
of some rogue biker gang. If you continue Ill petition your extermination. This is CODE for: Your getting off to a bad start.

Oh and    
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Last month we had an Orlando I think Deputy Sheriff (not sure what branch of LEO he was now) crash into the back of a road maintenance vehicle at 160+ with no helmet. His bike was unrecognizeable. I think it was Kawi ZX11 with mods.

Some of the LEOs on the board here feel that giving other LEOs a ticket somehow doesn't apply to other LEOs. Yet they tell you not to run from them and don't break the law. Run if ya think you can afford the consequences, it is your perogative. But don't be pissed if you go to jail someday.

(TallTom @ Feb. 20 2007,04:21) Last month we had an Orlando I think Deputy Sheriff (not sure what branch of LEO he was now) crash into the back of a road maintenance vehicle at 160+ with no helmet.  His bike was unrecognizeable.  I think it was Kawi ZX11 with mods.  

Some of the LEOs on the board here feel that giving other LEOs a ticket somehow doesn't apply to other LEOs.  Yet they tell you not to run from them and don't break the law.  Run if ya think you can afford the consequences, it is your perogative.  But don't be pissed if you go to jail someday.
ok you do me a favor and find one polie officer on this board that has ever endorsed running from the police.......... ill be waiting here, for you to return.

another subject like religion and poltics that could get ugly
wow.gif

bottom line is
if you play get ready to pay.
i promise you this. you will pay one way or another.
money,jail, hospital, death. there all listed in the payment plan section.

None have ever endorsed running from them. Nothing in my post suggest they would endorse running. No cop is going to endorse someone breaking the law, unless maybe its another LEO doing it. Then it seems accepatable. Maybe that cop at 160 had already been given a few "passes" by his brethren and felt he was able to do what he wants when he wants because of it.

(TallTom @ Feb. 20 2007,04:45) None have ever endorsed running from them.   Nothing in my post suggest they would endorse running.  No cop is going to endorse someone breaking the law, unless maybe its another LEO doing it.  Then it seems accepatable.  Maybe that cop at 160 had already been given a few "passes" by his brethren and felt he was able to do what he wants when he wants because of it.
maybe, and would you agree that the situation has been rectified or should we try to go back and issue him a ticket for 160mph before they bury him. You make a habit of taking shots at LEO, do you have a personal issue youd like to discuss?

Theres a time and place for extreme speed. Personally, I have a commercial drivers license. If I get a big ticket I lose my job. Running from the cops is stupid. No one is always going to get away with it and when you get caught, you'll pay the price.

The title of this thread was "How to get out of a speeding ticket"? In my opinion, if you run, the speeding ticket is the least of your worries. Around my neck of the woods, if your run, the police will get you. One way or another, they will get you. My son is a County Sheriff, so he tells me how good the police are at tracking you. VERY FEW ever get away. So I say, why chance it?

(RCKTMAN @ Feb. 20 2007,04:49) maybe, and would you agree that the situation has been rectified or should we try to go back and issue him a ticket for 160mph before they bury him. You make a habit of taking shots at LEO, do you have a personal issue youd like to discuss?
Taking shots at LEOs? Not at all. My dad was a cop. My good friends are cops. There are some very great guys in law enforcement. There are some great guys riding Busas. Not going to let a few bad ones ruin our views on all of the rest.

How on earth are you making this personal? We never met each other.

I am not endorsing anyone running from the law and I am not endorsing any cop allowing themselves or other cops to conduct themselves outside the same laws they expect us to abide by.

Running is stupid.I have a CDL I need to keep to continue my present employment.fines are doubled.one tripple digit ticket and I'd lose my liscence which would equal losing my job,then my house and so on. go to the track if you wanna run fast!

UHH---- I ain't too sure but I reckon the real way to "get out" of a speeding ticket is to hire a good lawer.
Running from the fuzz is about the most assinine thing I have ever heard of. They don't know if your running 'cause of some previous crime or if your just stupid, are you a friggin' moron?
When I'm pulled over I'm all about "yes sir" "no sir" leave my hands in plain sight no sudden movements. You should know the drill if you have watched CNN.
Last Sept I was ticketed out side of Memphis, Tn. by the Hwy Pat. I was hittin' 140 mph when I crested a hill on I-55 when I see the man in the pine trees. I grabbed some brake. Ticketed at 104mph --caost $186.00.
I was on my VFR. The officer was pretty cool. Talking about two of his friends with Busas all stretrched out and chromed out the yazoo. Who ride and play hard' racing and such. I thought for sure he was gonna let me slide.So I says"Well I guess this is warning." WRONG

(arm1151 @ Feb. 20 2007,06:45) I was hittin' 140 mph when I crested a hill on I-55 when I see the man in the pine trees. I grabbed some brake. Ticketed at 104mph --caost $186.00.
 I was on my VFR. The officer was pretty cool. Talking about two of his friends with Busas all stretrched out and chromed out the yazoo. Who ride and play hard' racing and such. I thought for sure he was gonna let me slide.So I says"Well I guess this is warning."  WRONG
Heck we get $187 AND 4 points for 15 over. 104 would be a felony stop here.

How many points would they tack there?

Running turns a misdimenor into a felony here. I pull over. Besides, when they show up at my door, I don't think I can get away with the "It wasn't me officer, it must have been some other guy on a custom Busa that happens to look like mine."

100_2571__Medium_.JPG

(BusaWhipped @ Feb. 20 2007,07:05) Running turns a misdimenor into a felony here.  I pull over.  Besides, when they show up at my door, I don't think I can get away with the "It wasn't me officer, it must have been some other guy on a custom Busa that happens to look like mine."
Amen. I have an 03 Copper. Only know of one other one. Pretty distinctive bike color. Not many like them. I happened to meet the other Copper one and we both agreed we better keep track of each other in case there is some mistaken identity possibilities.

(Sickandtwisted @ Feb. 19 2007,18:24) Sidenote; I used to really get off by coming up along side of them and flipping them a finger before rolling on the throttle.
super.gif
Yeah, right!

We have ourselves a real Jessie James, outlaw,

Or maybe just a pathological liar!
poke.gif

if Im runing over 100 mph when they clock me Im gone they wont give chase here any way. I dont ride like that(triple digits) in the city but get me on some open highway and its on
race.gif

Just pull over.

Why have a bike that is happy with triple digits speeds? The answer is why not.

Zero to legal =
smile.gif

Well, they have shown up at my door after me giving them the finger. An officer happened to get my license plate and came by to have a talk with me. At least where I live they don't have a case unless they catch you running. (thanks to full face helmets)

I've run as recently as last week.

My Uncle has been talking me out of it. The man inside of me wants to listen to him. The rebel inside of me wants to keep giving the finger.

"Of the evil wolf inside and the good wolf inside...the one that grows is the one we feed".  Unknown

I will take your comments to heart and give this topic some thought.

I may start pulling over...even if I don't like the consequences.

Oh and to the guy that wants to call me a liar. I have plenty of witnesses. I don't have to make up bullshit. Everyone that rides with me knows that I'm an Outlaw and they know what happens when the red and blues come on behind us. They can pull over if they want to. They never admit even knowing who I was. "Just some guy that started riding alongside of us".

The time that I did get caught in Colorado is probably a matter of public record. So, before you go calling someone a liar. You might just want to ask for proof.

Anyways, general consensus is if you play then be willing to pay.

I got it. I see your point(s) of view.

If my local law enforcement agency starts riding Busas then I really won't have any other choice now will I?

Bottom line, I won't bring up the topic again. I just wanted to know where everyone stood on this. I guess I got my answer.  
rant.gif

(Sickandtwisted @ Feb. 20 2007,08:31) Well, they have shown up at my door after me giving them the finger. An officer happened to get my license plate and came by to have a talk with me. At least where I live they don't have a case unless they catch you running. (thanks to full face helmets)

I've run as recently as last week.

My Uncle has been talking me out of it. The man inside of me wants to listen to him. The rebel inside of me wants to keep giving the finger.

"Of the evil wolf inside and the good wolf inside...the one that grows is the one we feed".  Unknown

I will take your comments to heart and give this topic some thought.

I may start pulling over...even if I don't like the consequences.

Oh and to the guy that wants to call me a liar. I have plenty of witnesses. I don't have to make up bullshit. Everyone that rides with me knows that I'm an Outlaw and they know what happens when the red and blues come on behind us. They can pull over if they want to. They never admit even knowing who I was. "Just some guy that started riding alongside of us".

The time that I did get caught in Colorado is probably a matter of public record. So, before you go calling someone a liar. You might just want to ask for proof.

Anyways, general consensus is if you play then be willing to pay.

I got it. I see your point(s) of view.

If my local law enforcement agency starts riding Busas then I really won't have any other choice now will I?

Bottom line, I won't bring up the topic again. I just wanted to know where everyone stood on this. I guess I got my answer.  
rant.gif
Polite and mature response to the flogging
beerchug.gif

Welcome to the board.

Be safe
super.gif

Hi,
Thanks for the welcome. I'm actually not new. I just can't find my old password and had to re-sign up. Judging by the  
guns.gif

SHOCKED.gif
 maybe I should stay anonymous... hahahahaha

Sorry if this gets posted twice. I was redirected and I'm not sure if the first response showed up or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back