How to get out of a speeding ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Registered
To avoid speeding tickets on your Hayabusa;

1. Twist the throttle back towards yourself until the police officer disappears from your mirrors.

2. Continue judicious use of the throttle until all police officers have either given up the chase or to slow down and take an exit. (It is advisable to take an exit that is not in view of the police officer).

3. Ride safely and live to run another day.

So, in the past 7 years or so I have only pulled over twice. Once I was on my '01 Busa and I was travelling at a high rate of speed along I-70 Eastbound towards Denver CO. They had guns pointed at me and I didn't have much of a choice. When I stopped the helicopter had just gotten overhead. Normally I could care less about a helicopter since I can usually find a nearby airport and they have to cease and desists their pursuit until they can gain air clearance.

Recently I purchased an '02 Busa and as I was casually testing out it's capabilities I unknowingly passed an unmarked police vehicle. Imagine my surprise when I saw red and blues behind me where a sedan had just been. I pulled over, like an idiot and got hit with an almost $500 ticket for "100mph+" and "unsafe lane change".  I'm pretty pissed off! I don't care what that officer says, I know that I used my signal. I always signal!

Thoughts anyone?

Am I the only one that believes that a Hayabusa was made to operate outside the realm of the Law?

Or am I just the only one that freely admits it in a public forum?

Do you pull over?

Sidenote; I used to really get off by coming up along side of them and flipping them a finger before rolling on the throttle.  
super.gif

ive been busted 10 or more times
but i live where the lawyer makes it go away
the most it costs me is $240
the least is $100
perfect record (oh a turn signal in houston)

thats why i live where i live
all_coholic.gif

Somebody has been watching the Ghost rider vids from afar.. I have a family to raise and i like my wallet and license where it is there is a time and a place . I try and avoid confrontations with the popo ...Or they might tend to do this---------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>

spankmonkey.gif

Should we start an age POLL in this thread?
rock.gif

Greg, help me out here. POLL TIME.
laugh.gif

(ToyKraz @ Feb. 19 2007,21:36) Should we start an age POLL in this thread?  
rock.gif

Greg, help me out here. POLL TIME.
laugh.gif
Now thats not fair . you know how cool it is to run from the cops.....
race.gif

demon_e0.gif

I use to run when I was younger, Now I pull over ASAP and show the LEO my ID, They mostly say the same thing "Slow down and get the F^&% out of here"

(BusaSamurai @ Feb. 19 2007,18:29) Somebody has been watching the Ghost rider vids from afar.. I have a family to raise and i like my wallet and license where it is there is a time and a place . I try and avoid confrontations with the popo ...Or they might tend to do this---------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>
I've pulled over, but I've never had the monkey spanked for doing so
laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ Feb. 19 2007,23:55)
(BusaSamurai @ Feb. 19 2007,18
super.gif
) Somebody has been watching the Ghost rider vids from afar.. I have a family to raise and i like my wallet and license where it is there is a time and a place . I try and avoid confrontations with the popo ...Or they might tend to do this---------------------------------------------------------------------->>>>
I've pulled over, but I've never had the monkey spanked for doing so
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

My thoughts: Running from cops is really stupid.

--Wag--

and u wonder y us sportbike riders get a bad rep............

I pull over...blade running days are over for me...I rather bleed financially, and live another day...gettin ole...I guess you can say that...
crazy.gif

You will find most members on this board are:

1) Older, more mature and have more common sense

2) Most of us will not run due to item 1

3) A lot of members are police officers so they dont need to run

4) Most will not run because most of us respect officers and if we decide to play, we are also willing to pay if we get caught.

5) Also I think most of us have a lot to lose. I for one have a job where if I get a ticket.. I will probably not lose my job. If I ran, chances are I would get caught one way or another and a domino affect would happen with the end result me probably being unemployed.

To summarize, in my mind set I think it is stupid to run

I for one will or do NOT run for the following reasons:

1) Older (meaning wiser)  
blush.gif

2) Mature (see #1 and #2)
wink.gif

3) More Common Sence (see #1)  
biggrin.gif

4) Everybody around here (Local, County and OHPD) know me so refer to #1, #2 and #3
laugh.gif

Running from the cops will lead to one of 3 things eventually,

1)your death or a crippling injury due to wrecking.

2)causing somone else's death or crippling injury.

3)you go to jail, do not pass go, ....

Take it to the track.

I'd have to have a huge advantage over the cop for me to run. Im 24 and only ran once(in a car) but I have been pull over atleast 30 times only got 3 speeding tickets and 1 no front plate ticket. I don't speed much I get pulled for no reason. I've actually had cops pull me over and ask for license, registration, and proof of insurance. I show it to them and they say "ok" and thats it.

btw never been pulled while riding

(DaCol. @ Feb. 19 2007,23:04) 4) Everybody around here (Local, County and OHPD) know me so refer to #1, #2 and #3
laugh.gif
And don't forget, some of your OHPD ride 'BUSAS and they will catch you!
ohphayabusa1.jpg

Or am I just the only one that freely admits it in a public forum?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sound kind of proud of yourself.
Never mind being pulled over, worry about what stops you.   Stupidity does not justify stupidity, I freely admit to it in a public forum.

Boy, I'd hate to have that process going on in my head, "To run, or not to run THAT is the question
rock.gif
". My luck I eventually get stopped and someone "I Know" gets out of the car with the flashy lights (I've been in Vegas a good long time), and says as I peel my helmet off, "Adam ?...is that you
rock.gif
", or "Adam, I didn't know that was you", or ...well you get it......No Bueno !!!!.....
wow.gif

By the way Brad, looks like someone else has the gruesome monster in his signature too......not another one !!!! I Know, I know, threadjack...my bad !!!
super.gif

I just love riding this honey of mine "too much" to be doing something that stupid.......

rock.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back