How many organ donors out there???

GeebMan

Registered
Just curious how many people here ride without a helmet. I live in Nebraska and there is a helmet law here so I always wear mine here and everywhere else I ride. I recently spoke with a top trauma surgeon in Denver and he and his colleagues called people who ride without helmets organs donors because the vast majority who go down never live to tell the tale. Be smart and wear the old brain buckets...

I wear my helmet in the shower, don't want to slip and hurt myself  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091847888 -->

I do and would wear my full face regardless of laws. Not just for crashes, I would hate to get 1/4 OZ bullet in the form of a bug hit my face at 170MPH. Ouch.

i used NOT to wear a helmet... i fell a couple of times though with the head down with more than 100kph and luckily i WAS wearing a helmet at the time, so that put some thinking into me. i got some tickets also, so i started wearing it always.

past couple of months though i don't wear it all that often, although i strongly feel i should. the trick is to buy a helmet you actually LIKE on your head. i was wearing a nolan n100, noisy, BIG and looked ugly. since i got my arai astro-j gary mc/coy replica though, i loved wearing my helmet. i mean i WANTED to wear it. lovely helmet this one..
smile.gif

No helmet law in TX, and lots of cruisers and sportbikers that take advantage of this. Cringe every time I see one. And to see a chick on back of a cruiser with shorts and tank top really gets to me.

I wouldn't ever get on my bike without one. And gear too. Even in this heat, there is no way I would ride without protection.

To answer your post topic question though, yes, I am an organ doner, have to agree to it when you get your license, and I think it is the right thing to do.

everywhere in Canada has mandatory helmet laws, I've worn it from day 1 and can't imagine not although I did ride on Daytona Beach with no lid.
cool.gif

Back