Proposed Helmet Law

Can't see this passing - least not in this form. Possibly primarily because various religions stipulate against donation. It would therefore impinge on freedom of religion, and would get stopped in the courts.

scary thought Max... I'm gonna duct tape all my organs to my ribs...  .. bad joke

I definatly don't approve of the proposed law though. Even if I die of stupidity (not wearing a helmet constitutes stupidity to me) they are still my stuff so If I don't specifically decide to let other peeps have them I should get to keep them no matter what.

Here in Virginia I can't imagine them ever changing the helmet laws (hafta have them, and HAFTA burn headlamps)... but still a disturbing idea.
Interesting subject.... Here in VA they are toying with the idea of making helmets optional for anyone over 21 (I think), and only on non-intersate roads. Did you hear about that Ego?
rock.gif

hey, postal i did not hear that pending law. I'm scared of Va. cops already. I am not trying to be funny. Those cops have a hard-on for bikers.

scary thought Max... I'm gonna duct tape all my organs to my ribs...  .. bad joke

I definatly don't approve of the proposed law though. Even if I die of stupidity (not wearing a helmet constitutes stupidity to me) they are still my stuff so If I don't specifically decide to let other peeps have them I should get to keep them no matter what.

Here in Virginia I can't imagine them ever changing the helmet laws (hafta have them, and HAFTA burn headlamps)... but still a disturbing idea.
Interesting subject.... Here in VA they are toying with the idea of making helmets optional for anyone over 21 (I think), and only on non-intersate roads.  Did you hear about that Ego?  
rock.gif
I just heard the same thing about the law here in GA as well.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

hey, postal i did not hear that pending law. I'm scared of Va. cops already.  I am not trying to be funny. Those cops have a hard-on for bikers.
RC: I haven't had any problems with them. Maybe they can see my grey hair under my helmet and leave me alone. I ride pretty calmly too. Don't want to attract too much attention. Where in VA do you live?

A few snippets from the Oct '02 issue of Playboy (yes, I read the articles)

"By some definitions the leading cause of death among organ donors is the organ donation procedure itself."

"One hospital wanted to implement a new standard that would declare a person dead with a five or seven minute absence of a pulse,-live transpalnt docotrs said that's too long, let's make it two minutes, and that was that."

"The organ procurement organizations are afraind that if we have these discussions publicly it will slow down donations dramatically"

"more than two dozen sets of criteria for determining brain death are used nationwide."

Patients are being declared "Brain dead" and their organs are being harvested.

"96 percent (of brain dead patients) die,...which means four percent survive, that's four homocides out of 100, if a nurse at a hospital killed four patients, that would be headline news"
Here in America, it is common to turn every situation imaginable into a business proposition. Even if it takes away our rights, or even if it means our lives. This undying thirst for the "almighty dollar" will ultimately be our downfall.

Brian

Back