Wearing Helmets

Billy Busa

Banned
I live in Minnesota where we don't have helmet laws.

My question is how many of you don't wear a helmet when riding, why, and what kind of bike do you have? Be honest.
winkold.gif

Bike: Hayabusa
Helmet: Always, and forever will, since the day I started riding
(usually FULL leathers also)

Iowa: no helmet law

I always wear my HJC Carbon Vader full face helmet on my 2006 Hayabusa ...and Texas does not have a helmet law either. I do not need to Government telling me I need to protect my brains.
beerchug.gif

Wear it all the time. I went to Myrtle Beach, SC were you do not have to wear them. I rode for a few hours with out it, and it felt like I was riding naked. I didn't like it!!! I ride with one all the time. After being hit by rocks, hard as hell bugs, sand from wind, and going down already a few times while wearing a helmet. Wearing a helmet is must for me.
bowdown.gif

Riding without a helmet sucks if you ride a busa like you're supposed to! Feels like someones ripping your face off!!

I like watching the idiots riding wihout a helmet -and smoking! Man does that look COOL!!

....I have a clear visor, i would never ride with the painted visor, It has perforated holes so you can see thru.

I don't care if anyone rides without a helmet-just as long as you have full insurance so the rest of us don't have to pay for your feeding tube.

I would bet money that there's some in this forum that dosent wear a helmet. Im not saying its good not to wear one, I just bet some of you dont wear one.
When im out riding i see plenty of bikers without a helmet.

Ummmm....160mph+....no helmet
rock.gif
?......how would I possibly see the semi I need to make adjustments for a 1/4 mile in advance
rock.gif
?.....I need clear-unaffected vision to make clear-unaffected decisions. I also care about the condition of my noggin'....
super.gif

rock.gif

helmet on all the time... and a good helmet too,full face -full coverage.. not one of those little peanut bowls good only for scooping your skull off the road.. and my passengers aren't allowed on the bike till their helmet is on either

I do not understand not wearing one. I have on occasion rode around my hood to a friends house in a golf community. Even that feels funny. Would always wear it even if Johnny law was not there to tell me to.

I makes me cringe when someone flies by me without a helmet on I just know I will be scooping his brains back in his head a mile down the road.

After my low side last Saturday, I will more than likely wear one no matter what. My helmet tooka pretty good whack and some deep scratches to the visor. Coulda been my face and head.

It's the law here, so I always where my full face helmet ... even if it wasnt, I would still wear one ... main reason is of course to protect my head, but its also useful to keep the bugs from smoking me in the face  
laugh.gif
 ... used to have a cruiser and I would wear a half helmet ... those damn bugs hurt like hell when they decided to commit suicide on my face  
tounge.gif

Back