Helmet vs. invisible helmet

I would say I wear mine about 60% of the time. Definately when I am out in the hills but just putting around at lunchtime downtown or what not.... not usually.

I dropped a Bradley hatch on my head and suffered memory loss the entire day... Could not imagine a serious crash on the bike with out a Helmet.

I almost always have my lid on. Sometimes if I'm running down the block or to the next street over I don't, but it's that .1% that'll get'cha they say.

Always with a helmet and gear. If it's too hot, I don't ride. PA allows you to ride without a helmet if you've been riding for over two years.

I crashed hard in College, no helmet, I was real lucky, real lucky. Seen too many bad splats that could have been prevented by a helmet. I'm buying leathers and a helmet for my g-friend as well. I'd hate to go down with her on the back and her be screwed up and me be fine. Couldnt imagine that. She loves scooters too, just feel I need to protect her.

I never get on a bike w/o one. I've been involved with treating to many cases where a helmet wasn't worn & it's not pretty.

wont get near the bike without a helmet, full leathers, boots, etc.......no way no how! Kinda instilled in my brain since my dad had a serious crash...got ran over by two cars......the bikes tranny locked solid at 60 mph and drifted into oncoming traffic......told him he would be DEAD without a helmet...........that was in 1975......wasn't allowed near a bike without a helmet..........and dad still rides!!
beerchug.gif

WA state didn't always have a helmet law like they do now.
I didn't wear one for the first four or five yeas that I rode. Of course, when you're 18-22 you won't get hurt if you wreck, due to the proven fact that at that age you're indestructable.
One day I was riding and looked down at the freeway surface shooting by underneath me. I casually thought that it looked alot like a gigantic belt sander. Then something else popped into my head. I thought how bad off I'd be if I pressed my body as hard as I could onto a 40 grit grinder. I've worn a helmet ever since.

Oh that reminds me, when I rode the Crusier with the doo rag the Harley guys would wave. if i wore my $20 Brain bucket they would not.. Strange.. But Always on the Busa because I know within the next few hours I will be doing at least 120 MPH can't help it.

About the only time i wear mine is if it's cold or raining.Or if i'm going out of town on the bike.I know it sounds crazy,but i'm just more comfortable riding without it.

When I was younger ( 1986 ), my friends and went riding in New Mexico and one of the guys in the group didnt have a helmet on. When we got up into the mountains the temp dropped and he was pretty cold. I let him use my spare Bell Moto 1 and good thing for about 15 miles down the road we ran into a group og cattle on theroad and he was struck by a very upset bull. He was thrown from his bike down a rocky slope. Broke one leg and cracked my helmet in two. But he noggin was OK. Firm believer in wereing a helmet always.<span style='color:skyblue'></span>

Soory new to the web site, just bought an 06 LE busa. Love it. Alot faster than my 86 GSXR.

Back