How fast have you gone ?

Hey Ninja Eater,

is it always 7.6% off?  In otherwords, if it reads 70MPH, is it really only going 64.68?  And, is that your speedo or a typical 'busa one?
No most busas are off. Mine is oly off 2% now because of my gearing 19/41 is right on to gps and yellow box but you need a heck of a lot of HP to make it work well. If I remember the 70 and below is only off by about 5 PERCENT. climbs being off as the spped goes up.

Open two lane of interstate 55, sunny and beautiful. Very minimal traffic. Ran up to 160 then backed off.

I've ran 195 gps. That was in the desert, deserted road, about 4 miles long.

For those of you that have run 140 or so, on the speedo, and on your deserted roads, I do that going to the grocery store...
140 comes really quick, like on the onramp going on the freeway...I also go faster than that in the 1/4 mile, so far have done 144.8 in the 1/4.

I was riding my 02 with a guy on an R1 last summer. We pulled out onto a 4 wide falt 4 lane and got on it. Seeing what opportunity was in front of me, I stopped while he kept going. I hunkered down over the tank, wound it up and too off. I caught and passed like he was parked on the side fo the road. Later he daid he was right at the ton mark (100mph). After I let off and coasted down a little, I saw the needle coming down from 170. He still refers to this as the day I strafed him.

4000', 80 degrees, slight down hill, still pullin' like hogan's goat.

The tach is also inaccurate..but saw 11,200 in fifth..should have been a true 184...yikes..was at bonneville hehe..stock gearing..whatta blast and killed a small rabitt on the way there
sheez...

redlined second at 115. had it up to 160 blasting by my buddy on his ducati 996, shortly before getting my speeding ticket of 120 in a 65 on the pa turnpike. hahahahaha. ride safely boys

redlined second at 115. had it up to 160 blasting by my buddy on his ducati 996, shortly before getting my speeding ticket of 120 in a 65 on the pa turnpike. hahahahaha. ride safely boys
That sucks
11doh.gif

Welcome to the board,
Jim

Have reached 165 on my R6
so far but still getting use to the busa plus i need to get new tires before going that fast again
iamwithstupid.gif
grim.gif
eek2.gif

Would suck to have blowout .......RIP

Jace

I am still waiting for new tires so it is killing me not sure if it is safe to ride at all it looks like some small cracks in the grooves of the front tire ??

plenty of tread but those cracks worry me so not sure if should even ride around the neighborhood
rock.gif

i need new tires sooooon !!!

Race24x I can't believe you'd go that fast without a helmet . I don't like the helmet laws in the city but on the freeway i'd never be without . I've only been 180 on the speedo and loved it !

the fastest i have ever been was on a long flat 2 lane road that is rarely used by anyone, it is straight for almost 20 miles. I got it up to 189 indicated before i backed off. I am still amazed at how fast todays bikes are.

I did some testing last summer..with my GPS..83 mph in first.
Forgot what second said...But i know 3rd is a true 129 mph on
the revlimiter..Yababy,,,,,Busa Rocks,,,,,ps stock gearing.

Just got on the interstate, passed a wad of cars and found I was all by my lonesome for about a half mile ahead. Quick check of the mirror, then 150 on the speedo. Had to slow down for the construction zone. Funny, I don't remember it being that close after I got on the interstate. hehehe

My stock speedo was off 7%. With the gearing change my bike will only do 175 (yellow box,GPS). Had it up to 160 with my wife on board, no traffic and I could see for miles...and she loved it!

I had my red/gray Y2k showing 195 on the speedo over in the Eastern Oregon desert.....if the 7% factor is correct, that would be around 181 MPH. It still had more left in it, but I backed off.....you're REALLY eating up a lot of road at that speed!

Back