How fast is a stock busa in the drag strip?

umairhashmi

Registered
Over the months i have had my busa quite a few people have asked how fast is a COMPLETELY stock busa in the quarter mile? I honestly dont know much about drag racing so i cant say for sure.Anyone here has any ideas about how fast does a busa out of the box does on the drag strip (granted its in the hands of a good drag rider)?

gunslinger is talking about 120 mph quarter miles. You're referring to times. The Busa is from what I understand a 9-10 second bike meaning it's 2-3 seconds faster than the 600cc.

Edit: is that what you're talking about gunslinger? As I see it the busa will do 9-10 second runs at ~150 mph give or take.

<!--EDIT|kdawg31337
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154843271 -->

how fast = speed
how quick = time

professional rider does a 9.88 and i dont remember the mph but its b/w 145-150

how fast = speed
how quick = time

professional rider does a 9.88 and i dont remember the mph but its b/w 145-150
Correct you are
idea.gif

remember the guys i see are the average joe off the street so most wont get times like that but generally you do see a lot of them in the 10 second range.one turbo this week hit 156 and the fastest ive seen so far was 168 but they werent stock bikes.

Back in my ZRX1200 days, I used to see stock Busa's hitting in the low 10's at the track and bet with the right rider, it could do mid-high 9's. I haven't ran mine hard yet since it's new but the bike feels like it will be easy to drag with.

Depends on who you listen to and who's riding it. Here are a few of the recently published times from the motorcycle websites. Looks like about 10flat at about 143 is average for a good rider on a good day!
Motorcyclist-9.88 @ 143.9
Sport rider I(1999) 9.97 @ 144.80
Sport rider II(2001) 10.237 @ 140.54
Sport rider III(2005) 10.02 @ 143.7

Over the months i have had my busa quite a few people have asked how fast is a COMPLETELY stock busa in the quarter mile? I honestly dont know much about drag racing so i cant say for sure.Anyone here has any ideas about how fast does a busa out of the box does on the drag strip (granted its in the hands of a good drag rider)?
Fast enough for me.

Remember he didn't ask how fast you or the average Joe could ride a Busa. He ask, "HOW FAST A STOCK BUSA IS ? " . That's a big difference in what most of us can do
laugh.gif

I'm a first year racer on a nearly stock busa. I run in the 10.12 -10.25 range a lot. My best run has been a 10.04. I weigh about 205 unsuited. I've not seen anybody run a stock busa in the 9's, but there's a couple guys that have. My buddy recently ran a 9.54 on a nearly stock 12r. He's run a 9.63 on a stock busa. He weighs about 160.

Ya know that's like asking me how fast can I go on Rossi's Yamaha MotoGp bike. Well, it's alot slower than the SLOWEST MotoGp rider in the race
laugh.gif

I have an 03 and 2 weeks ago at the track I ran a 10.10 at 138mph and i weight 240pds with out leathers. bike is stock with a full trs yosh pipe and small airbox mod.

First time to the drag strip I did 11.3 at 130mph and got progressively Slower on the two runs after that.
tounge.gif

I think I'll stay on the road course!

Back