The "dude,how fast does she go?" questions

Talking to a CHP, he asked if I ride? I was not on my bike at the time. I said yes. He asked how fast have you had it? I told him 150, on a back road. He said OH.

man i hate tht question cause when a cop asks it is always a annoince to tell them the truth.
i have a sticker on my tail before i chopped it off it said "GOT RICE" i was on the poker run and a harley guy asked me outside the bar he said what kind of rice you use to make it faster. i said you know white does alright but when you really want to open her up try the fried rice you wont believe it. he just laughed then the ultimate how fast is that crotch thing anyways well you go buy me the rice and i will give you 3 mile head start and we will see who will win but when you buy the rice dont forget YOUR OIL i know, he didnt know what to say so he walked away from me

A poor old back-woods gas attendant in south Georgia  asked "That there sycle's built for speed ain't it...huh, ain't it...? I replied "Yep, it's built for speed."
wink.gif
He said "I could tell just by alookin aa hit!"

Somehow, I felt thankful as a vision of the movie Deliverance flashed through me.

A poor old back-woods gas attendant in south Georgia  asked "That there sycle's built for speed ain't it...huh, ain't it...? I replied "Yep, it's built for speed."
wink.gif
He said "I could tell just by alookin aa hit!"

Somehow, I felt thankful as a vision of the movie Deliverance flashed through me.
You shore do have a perty Busa...

I hadn't even rode mine yet and was aksed that question while stopped at a gas station with the bike on a trailer.

He asked if i raced at a track and the proverbial how fast have you had it.

You can tell when someone is walking over to you that you are going to get asked how fast have you had it.

Maybe I will answer the question before someone asks me when I see someone coming towards me with that look.

Vinny

One of the dumbest questions has to be, "What's the speedometer go to?" I got that one once.

Most people are just very respectful and nod appreciatively. Then, when I take my helmet off, they see how old I am and their eyes really open wide!

Ed

I always say that " I don't know. I never look down when real estate is going by over 3 miles a minute."

I was stopped last year on my other bike (the Roadie) for speeding. 65 in a 45. A couple of motorcycle cops. We got to talking about bikes and and one of them mentioned that his personal bike was a sport bike (don't remember what kind). I told them that I also had a Busa and they were in awe. "How fast have you had it?", they asked. I figured, what the hell, I'll tell them "150 with lots of room left on the throttle. It scared the pee out of me!". "Awesome", was the reply.

Long and short of it, no ticket and a couple of friendly biker cops.
smile.gif

Damn, that can provoke some fun. I just give the old "it's the fastest production bike made" followed by the reason for th hump in the back is to keep riders on it as you are requesting permission for a "fly by"...

i went to do an exp rider course
an idiot said theres a harley that'd beat the busa
i said, in front of everyone else, my buddies at hayabusa.org would get a laugh out of that
later, when just him and i were around, 'i told him i'll meet you at STUBBS(a bike shop sellin both harleys and busas)
tuesday and ill bet you $100 that you cant order a hog that'd beat the busa
he pussed out of course

I just tell them I don't know. I can't see the speedo cause I'm legally blind!

biggrin.gif

I just usually respond with, Its the fastest production bike in the world and I never speed and tell!

I always say "What's your definition of fast?"  People are like does it do 140 I'm like yea plus a 60.   Then they say where did ya do that. I point in a direction and say bout 2 miles dat way.  Alsways greated with silence.
biggrin.gif

When I had my 02 Busa, My funniest was "I don't know cause I think my guage is broken", then I would get the usual really, that not good. Then I would reply with something like ' yea, it keeps getting stuck at 185
biggrin.gif

I answered today with "it's the slowest thing I have ever been on', the reply was really, I though they were fast, then "I don't know, it's too cold and my guage still reads zero when I sitting on it in the garage making vroom noises"

A co-worker that found out i have one asked today and wanted to know all about bikes and how much fun they are to ride. I told her I would give her a ride as long as the wife doesn't mind someone in her spot
rock.gif

Back