The "dude,how fast does she go?" questions

umairhashmi

Registered
Is it just me or does anyone else also find it a bit funny when you are at a red light,gas station,parking lot,etc that people who probably dont even know how to ride a bicycle walk up to your sportbike and ask you "How fast does it go?" Today i was getting food from KFC and the kid who works there goes "whoa nice bike dude.Is it faster than a harley?" I told him "Well its capable to going all the way upto 60 mph".I have a busa by the way.I bet others on this board have had people approaching em all the time.Lets hear your stories im bored.

Usually I get the whole "How fast have you had it up too?" Answer: Oh bout 70....I was feeling wild that day....

I tell them it will hit 96 mph........

In second gear!
tounge.gif

I'm geared low......

It's so commonplace now, I barely notice any more.

--Wag--

I get the "how fast have you had it" all the time. It's an easy answer, I tell them "I don't know the damn Speedo stops at 185mph"

I actually had to stop using that line, and just tell them it gets to the speed limit fast. the first answer started draggnig out too many other questions.

I get the "how fast have you had it" all the time. It's an easy answer, I tell them "I don't know the damn Speedo stops at 185mph"

I actually had to stop using that line, and just tell them it gets to the speed limit fast. the first answer started draggnig out too many other questions.
Last week I stopped at a Service Center (out here they're on the Turn Pikes) and while getting gas an OHP Officer wondered over and ask, " A Hayabusa, Nice, how fast have you had it" ! Well
xblueman.gif
, looking at him straight in the face I told him, "O" just up to 75 mph
laugh.gif
!! That's the Turn Pike speed limit  
tounge.gif
. Awwww, he just laughed and we talked about bikes (found out he just bought a CBR 1000 R) ! Really a nice guy
slider1.gif
. Although I did keep an eye in my mirrors after I left  
race.gif

Last week I stopped at a Service Center (out here they're on the Turn Pikes) and while getting gas an OHP Officer wondered over and ask, " A Hayabusa, Nice, how fast have you had it" ! Well
xblueman.gif
, looking at him straight in the face I told him, "O" just up to 75 mph
laugh.gif
!! That's the Turn Pike speed limit  
tounge.gif
. Awwww, he just laughed and we talked about bikes (found out he just bought a CBR 1000 R) ! Really a nice guy
slider1.gif
. Although I did keep an eye in my mirrors after I left  
race.gif
oh that was entrapment DaCol, you could have beaten that, lol....
you should have told him, you didn't know wanna race and find out?

I get it all the time. I usually just say faster then you can imagin.
wow.gif

I get asked all the time, I usaully respond with "everything you've heard is true" if they are on a bike, or ride. I respond with "too fast" for the general public.

The non-busa riders usually have better stories about how fast the busa is than any of us. Try it, just let them talk, and the stories are usually pretty good.
thumbs-up.gif

Oh, often they follow with a story about how fast some bike they had was. I wonder what they would think about going 200, can you imagine. I've never gone more than about 130, and that was in Germany where the roads are made for it. The wind force must be incredible at 200!

Why not just confuse the hell out of 'em and say "ummm, well, top speed is about 82 mph" and really brag about that like it's amazing...get the deer in the headlights look from 'em and drive off...

Sounds more fun than bragging really...
laugh.gif

I tell 'em it STUPID! Fast. And it not scary doing 185, that's the scary part.

Back