How does a 450 lb. motorcycle get stolen?

keep in mind what the bike will be used for where and for how long will it be parked?

Mine is in my closed garage, or behind a fence at work, when i'm not watching it. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

:thumbsup:physics is my thing, f=ma(cool!):thumbsup:

ditto.

Someone figured out a way to use an Iphone with an application they created and with it they can open the doors, lock the doors start / stop ignition and track the vehicle via G3 and GPS in any part of the world. The video is on Youtube. Might be worth looking into as it could be easy to install on a bike and you would know the second your bike is being tampered with. I use a lock when necessary and I have my lo-jack well hidden and it would take a while to get to it. Hopefully enough time to locate.

In Ohio you can.

Over the objections of law enforcement groups, Gov. Ted Strickland today signed into law a bill that relaxes certain gun restrictions and establishes a new “castle doctrineâ€￾ for shooting an intruder in self-defense.

The legislation, Senate Bill 184, takes effect in 90 days.

It was backed by the National Rifle Association to establish a presumption that a person acted in self-defense when shooting someone who unlawfully enters his or her home or occupied vehicle. Supporters say it will protect the innocent from facing charges.

I know that this is a old post.....but...I live in Ohio...I carry a Springfield XDM 40 Cal.....I agree with this law. Sometimes I ride around and sometimes I end up in bad areas of the city. I feel good to know if someone is going to jack my bike.....you are going to get a big surprise from me. I wish all States would pass this law......you should not have to retreat from your car or motorcycle....bad guys be very aware!!!! If you try to hi jack.....you can get shot easily and nothing that you can do...

Great thread and surely an emotional one. No one wants to have their stuff stolen. It sucks the way Americans deal with these jerks. They should be shot or have a dominant hand cut off. If it was legal many of us would shoot to at least incapacitate. A bike is a personal statement of who we are. So, it is like someone spitting in your face..if that happens the shid is on. The word I want to insert into this conversation for the guys who want to shoot these guys who deserve it is called FORENSICS. With this science they can tell how far away you were when he was shot..what caliber, what angle (higher or lower) you were to him. It is real hard not to get blood all over the place with a shooting or a bludgeoning. They can pretty much recreate the scene. Forget about putting an unregistered gun in their hands...they have ways to tell if it was fired...how the fingerprints are on the gun...did you have time to get your finger prints off of the loaded ammo? Did you have time to get his fingerprints on the loaded ammo? There are so many little things that would get your arse thrown in jail and be at the mercy of the courts. It could easily cost you several years of pay for a good defense attorney...not to mention what happens to your job..your families financial well being...for what? For a friggin bike? This is the legal climate we live in these days. That being said I practice shooting my 45 several times a month at up to 50 yards..and I guarantee you I can put three in the size of bread plate at that range. If it was up to me we should be allowed silencers...shoot em and drag them out to a field somewhere and let the wild things have 'em...that is how much I detest these guys also...But only if someone comes at you with lethal intents are you allowed to defend yourself in California...bottom line..is 12K dollar bike worth your time in the state pen and your family losing their primary provider? 2hip

Great thread and surely an emotional one. No one wants to have their stuff stolen. It sucks the way Americans deal with these jerks. They should be shot or have a dominant hand cut off. If it was legal many of us would shoot to at least incapacitate. A bike is a personal statement of who we are. So, it is like someone spitting in your face..if that happens the shid is on. The word I want to insert into this conversation for the guys who want to shoot these guys who deserve it is called FORENSICS. With this science they can tell how far away you were when he was shot..what caliber, what angle (higher or lower) you were to him. It is real hard not to get blood all over the place with a shooting or a bludgeoning. They can pretty much recreate the scene. Forget about putting an unregistered gun in their hands...they have ways to tell if it was fired...how the fingerprints are on the gun...did you have time to get your finger prints off of the loaded ammo? Did you have time to get his fingerprints on the loaded ammo? There are so many little things that would get your arse thrown in jail and be at the mercy of the courts. It could easily cost you several years of pay for a good defense attorney...not to mention what happens to your job..your families financial well being...for what? For a friggin bike? This is the legal climate we live in these days. That being said I practice shooting my 45 several times a month at up to 50 yards..and I guarantee you I can put three in the size of bread plate at that range. If it was up to me we should be allowed silencers...shoot em and drag them out to a field somewhere and let the wild things have 'em...that is how much I detest these guys also...But only if someone comes at you with lethal intents are you allowed to defend yourself in California...bottom line..is 12K dollar bike worth your time in the state pen and your family losing their primary provider? 2hip

I agree to all you have stated. I am not interested in staging a crime scene. I am only interested in defending myself and my rights. Like I said I wish ALL states passed this law as Ohio passed. You should have the right to defend yourself in your motor vehicle as if it was your home. I hope that I never have to shoot anyone in real life, but if someone attempts to steal my bike and is using force, I WILL USE FORCE to protect myself and the LAW IN OHIO will back me up.....long live this law in Ohio!!!

this why I keep my on a leach when a Park to make it harder

I have a pair of cutters that could cut thru that cable like butter. u need sumthing thicker. Just trying to look out for ya bro, but for real, that cable ain't ****

Here's a vid of a couple guys lifting the front end of a CBR into a van apparently with locked forks. Took them less than 40 seconds!

- Honda CBR600RR 2007 STOLEN![/url]

I hate watching that s&%t....makes me sick to my stomach..my worst fear

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, glad I live up here in the boonies with little if any crime! We leave the keys in the cars and the bike and we don't even know where the house keys are!

LIVE FREE OR DIE!

Back